Insurance for a 20 year old

Sam B

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Had a bit of a search but can't seem to find any apporpriate threads. Im looking at trying to get insurance for a DC5 Integra but the main issue is my age and finding a decent company. Tried Sky and Performance Direct but neither will touch me. Can anyone suggest any good companies for my age??

Thanks in Advance

Sam

TEG R V

A Plan gave me a good deal last year try them, there are also about 20 companies listed on the sticky on the insurance thread, your age is gonna make it tricky but hopefully one of the companies listed will get you a decent deal

LeeH

Advanced Member
You'll still pay 2K. Just wait and keep you 2K is my advice.

lukem30

Try admirial, when i was 20 i got a quote of 1600, then by adding my parents it came down to 1100

madrab

Advanced Member
don't expect anything under 2k, if u get a quote under that then bite there hand off!

try the insurance factory, one of the few places that would touch me, i pay just over 2.4k for mine

madrab

Advanced Member
dan: yeah a lot of people say that to me, but then again i love my cars, a jump from a 1.3 fiesta to a dc5, the smile on my face is worth every pennny. im only young once, might aswell spend some of my money on something i enjoy before i have to settle down lol

and to be honest its not the worst price in the world, for a 220bhp japanese import car with all mods declared, especially when i have just served a driving ban.

but if a 20 year old thinks he/she are expecting quotes of 1k then there in dream land, it will never happen

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Fair enough, if you've got it to blow then why not!!

I went from a 1.1 Fiesta to a B16 EG6 to a DC5, but my insurance is quite cheap!!!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Not to continue the wrong section thread but im 24 and im currently paying 750 quid for my insurance

Sam B

Advanced Member
Doesn't bother me tbh, paying around the 2k mark is what i expect. I understand it crazy to pay that high insurance but im a high earner for my age and it doesn't bother me.

A Plan are the only guys to be of any help so far but i still have to contact flux

Admiral wont touch me on a DC5 as its a import and apparently i need to be 21?

cup_66

Advanced Member
Sam B said:
Doesn't bother me tbh, paying around the 2k mark is what i expect. I understand it crazy to pay that high insurance but im a high earner for my age and it doesn't bother me.

A Plan are the only guys to be of any help so far but i still have to contact flux

Admiral wont touch me on a DC5 as its a import and apparently i need to be 21?

I had mine when i was 20 and payed £1900 which is alot,but as you said..just what you expect to pay!

I did really struggle finding that quote tho, i had it with Performance Direct!so maybe worth giving them a try!