Insurance for a 22 year

andyd

Advanced Member
Would i be correct in thinking that Tesco would be the only company to get insurance off ?

As i have been offered a cracking price on a personal import for a DC5

how much difference would it be to the CTR now ?

Many Thanks

Andy

MindMorgue

I believe even tesco's are cracking down on insuring under 25 for performance cars. Best to give them a ring, make sure they quote you for the 2 litre version. Also check the sticky at the top of this section for all the DC5 insurance companies we know of.

andyd

Advanced Member
yup, i gave them a ring!! i got quoted spot on 2k

now i think thats quite good :D

now i've gotta sell the CTR :(

Andy

nick_lait

Alright Andy,

I've started loitering on here as well! :D

I've got the feelers out for a DC5 also, really regret selling my Type R so I'm bouncing back bigger and better :twisted:

Hope you're well

Speak soon mate

Nick

spikerules

umm how on earth have you got insurance from tesco when your 22 and only for 2k!!! I just phoned tesco and they wont insure me until I'm 25 and thats in 6 months time... I have 7 YEARS NO CLAIMS TOO and have been with tesco for 1 year with my CTR!!!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
From my experience of Tesco's (who I'm with)

One person on the phone says one thing, the next you talk to says another. What every you do, make sure you get it in writing, also if you have to, ask them to find the Tape of your call, they do keep them all.

Mike

antonito

Hi,

Have you tried Elephant? I'm 22 with 4yrs NCB and they quoted me £1508 :D Now it's just a case of finding £15k for the car! I dont know if it makes a difference having been previously insured with them on a Vauxhal VX220 (@21). I put my father as a named driver and it brings the price down a lot too.

Good Luck!

Anthony

cfoster

Advanced Member
hi Andy,

try Liverpool Victoria mate as i know of a younster who got a quote with them....

Im selling mine now mate. Let me know what sort of prices you've been quoted for importing (with SVA/ESVA etc) and im sure we can come to something. I'm flexible on me price!!

Am sure you wont have trouble selling the CTR ;). Looked mint the other night!

Chris