Insurance .. how much you all paying?

Splink

Advanced Member
Hi.

Just as it says. I am curious to know how much you are all paying, what cover, how many NCD etc.

Me...

£728.00
28 yr male
fully comp
protected no claims
guarenteed car hire
8 years no claims

I gathered that this is good as every other insurance company (even the ones out of the performance Jap mags) were like 800+.. and this is with a well known insurance company too :)

T666YPR

That's good!

I'm 38 paying £750
Direct Line

Who's that with?

Simon

(P.S. Should be in Insurance section)

Duncs

I am and old git at 45, paying £544 with class 1 (business) limited to 6k a year though.

T666YPR

I'll be having words with them then!! :wink:

That £22 will be mine (plus more for being a few months older;120 months older :oops: )

BlueFin

Thats really wired DL qouted £1,082.55, 37 years old, 12 years NCD and 1 sp30 :cry:

Splink

Advanced Member
hehe :)

I think its because of my post code, and coz i have been with them for a while and always had protected no claims, plus I did haggle with the woman .. coz they dont discount with a cat 1 or a tracker which I think it rubbish.

I was getting quotes from other people for about 800 quid plus, so this is ok. But I had the same issue as a lot of people were getting, where they couldnt find a DC5 on their list. My car was coming up as an LX on the DVLA listings, (which I called DVLA about and they changed it just like that!?!?!) I though they were supposed to investigate it n things ..

Anyway.. there you go. I had recently 1 sp30, which was a pain in the neck. 37 in a 30! When i see that white van again, im going to park infront of him so he cant move and then just walk it home, and then when he decides to get out of the van im going to rob his wheels and put his van on bricks :) Oh the pain in the ass it is.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever appealed to a 37 in a 30 ? and if they did .. was the outcome good ?

truffs

26yrs old 7yrs no claims fully protected + turbo and xtras £920!!! Direct Line again

with regards to the SP30 general line is 10% + 2. in 30's 40's 50's and nationals. Ask to look at the photo if your vehicle is used by others as if they can't identify the driver then they cant prosecute. Also if speed vehcile is within 100yards or meters (cant remember which) of a the 30 mph zone i.e. entering or leaving it they cannot situate a speed trap (mobile or police office NOT gatso's as they are a safety device) there has to be a speed camera warnign sign within 1km of the site which applies for GATSOS and Mobiles.

hope this helps a bit.

mugen chip

Advanced Member
i,m been ripped off

got a quoate before i bought my dc5 and axa in ireland said it would only go up 13 euro so i,d be paying 1213 euro,s ,,so i bought the car and rang them up wit the reg,, and they said they wouldn,t insure me .. and after talikin to the manager they still wont budge so i got on to the ins federation and there lookink at it ..
i,m25
full licence since 19 and my own policy since 19 i,ve had six cars since then and been with axa since then ,, i,m bringing them to the cleaners cause i bought my dc5 on the bases off axa,s quoate .... and now they say its too powerful a car to insure ,,, wankers........ :evil: :evil: :evil:

Splink

Advanced Member
holy moly .. are you like 12 or something ?

only reason i bought a dc5 coz it was one of the cars i could get fully comp for under 800 quid.

4k is a hell of a lot on insurance, you must be crazy to pay that much :)

M9 JOC

its from being a naughty boy :D and being 21, not having a garage and town centre life style. plus im still limited to 7,000 miles a year its a joke.
it is alot but my first teg DC2 was £4k a year aswell.
I bet somebody will beat that amount........... :D

T666YPR

My renewal has just come round again and boy has the past 9 months cost me some dough.

Original renewal from Direct Line was asking £775.95 for 38yro 8yr ncb garaged etc.

Told them about my SP30 which took it up to £856.80

Then I started to mention that I had changed the exhaust ( just the exhaust !! ) and it ballooned to £985 :shock:

What a bunch of rip off w@nker$ :evil: :evil:

They refused to come down from that even though I'd already got cheaper quotes elsewhere.

Thought the cheapest of the others (Privilege @ £903 ) was still too high 'til I spoke to my normally friendly DL people.

Direct Line:

"Next time I'll cut their b@ll$ off and stick 'em up their ar$e,so the next time they take a $h1t,they'll $h1t all over their b@ll$ !!! "

Quote courtesy of Team America...

...fu?k yeah!! :wink:

Sorry about the expletives :oops:

Rant over.

T666YPR

All change.

Tesco undercut all of 'em - by A LOT!!! :D

Age:60,Job: feather catcher,working from home on the moon [garaged overnight] ,8yrs ncb less than 4000 shopping miles p.a. = £655

:D :D :D

Sorted.

(Some details changed for obvious internet reasons)

truffs

Tescos hey, might have to give them a call :) (i refuse to use the 'emoticons' with Xmas hats!!!)