Insurance jump from 24 - 25

carfiend

Advanced Member
Getting on a bit now, the knees going and all that and next year I am 25. Now seeing as this is often given as the magical age of cheaper insurance how much in people experience am I likely to see drop off?

Is it substantial or will I still be bent over for trying to drive something fun and not just a silver diesel euro box?

Idea being that if it is going to be alot then when I renew in november I might only get cover upto my next birthday and the day I am 25 take out a new policy. If the cost is alot less it will be worth the hassle, if its about £20 then well... nah

redcap

Advanced Member
I don't think there is much difference till you hit 30. You'll be best off asking the insurer.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
I got a quote when 24 and 25 from the same company. (A.Flux)

The saving was over £350, obviously it depends on your details etc but this gives you some idea.

EDIT : The quote when I was 24 was 8 days before my 25th birthday :roll:

Newty

Advanced Member
Last year when I renewed my insurance for a 106 GTi, at 25, it had dropped from £6xx to £4xx....so 25 is a magic number!

Allen

Advanced Member
Mine dropped from £1600 to £760... beat that :lol:

justinteg

i wrote my first dc2 off the day after my 25th birthday,

totally my fault no one else involved, they payed out 7 grand as i was fully comp, i went out and bought another dc2 as soon as the claim was settled, re insured it with the same company and it was still cheaper than the year before.

ok i had full protected ncb but that i thought was still good.

i spoke to the insurance company and he said yes it was a big claim but only 1 claim that was genuine, no like all the people that claim for every car park ding.

And that was elephant too !!! :shock: