Insurance Problems

phil_444

Advanced Member
ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL NEW OWNERS AND THOSE WAITING FOR CARS TO ARRIVE

After ordering back in march my car arrived in the UK yesterday, which prompted me to sort out my insurance. I go on holiday Saturday for two weeks meaning I will get my car after I get back but need the certificate before hand for registration and tax.

I Phone Tesco to take them up on their quotation, which incidentally expired on 17th May and to my horror they tell me they no longer insure under 25’s on high performance Japanese imports!! Tesco were the only company who offered me insurance been only 23.

Panic, cars here, can’t get insurance!?!

Spent the last two days phoning every company I can find, I have called more than sixty, of those 4 offered me insurance. One of which I can’t remember the name of was over £4,400, Warwick Davis offered third party only for £1300. The other two were Footman James and The Insurance Factory. Managed to play them against each other to get a better price but was still £700 more than I was expecting to pay with Tesco’s.

Just a warning to all those looking to buy or those waiting for their cars. Took my insurance out with The Insurance Factory, dealt with Pally if anyone is finds themselves in a similar position.

Footman James - 0845 458 6782
The Insurance Factory - 0870 777 8181

nattcharles

Have you tried A-Plan? They quoted me £850 fc. Bear in mind I'm 30 with full ncb though and that was with about £300 excess.

Nat

I'm 22 - with a DC2 import I am insured with Adrian Flux - £1250 fully comp.

Try them..

phil_444

Advanced Member
Adrian Flux said no as well, once you say Japanese Import, Integra Type R 2L and your under 25 they say no :(. Over the past few weeks things have really tightened up. Back in March/April they may have said yes as Tesco did but not any more.

Nat

Take it I am screwed then when my policy runs out..... :?

I'll only be 23 then.....

phil_444

Advanced Member
You should be ok if you are an existing customer but me been new caused all the problems.....