Insurance quote jumped up?

hondaft

Advanced Member
A month or so ago when I found out I got my job, I phoned around lots of insurance companies to make sure I could afford insurance for a dc5. The best quote I got was 1600 with Admiral which i was happy with. After finding the dc5 I want and arranging a viewing I thought I better phone up and check everything was still okay. They are now quoting me around 2200 even although nothing has changed!

Anything else I can try? I'm 22, been driving for 4 years and had no claims but I've always been a named driver so I have no NCB. I searched the forum to see who other people are with but Greenlight, Sky and most others wont touch me because of my age and because I havent had experience on a performance car.

Really hope this isnt the end of my dc5 hunt :(

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Made up as they go along mate.

Had companies tell me all sorts to get 50%-100% more out me last year when I moved to Newcastle.

Managed to get it a little cheaper than last year but not by as much as I'd have liked tbh.

hondaft

Advanced Member
Should I maybe just try phoning them again and hoping I get a different person and maybe a lower quote? I'm thinking it might even have to be another year as a named driver to get experience on a"performance car" then change to greenlight or sky! Hoping they'll still give me insurance if I get my mum to phone up and get it under her name :p

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
hondaft said:
Should I maybe just try phoning them again and hoping I get a different person and maybe a lower quote? I'm thinking it might even have to be another year as a named driver to get experience on a"performance car" then change to greenlight or sky! Hoping they'll still give me insurance if I get my mum to phone up and get it under her name :p
Be careful doing that, ins company's take a dim view.......It's called fronting.

T.G.

hondaft

Advanced Member
Just done another quote with Admiral online right there and now its 1718 with all the same details, how is such a big change possible haha? I'll be writing down the reference number so it doesnt shoot back up again!

tomhappyapril

Maybe admiral are having more claims on dc5s or from your postcode ,90% fronting wont give you the best price as the computer knows and just gives back a silly price or wont qoute you.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
All the people you listed should insure you, I was 21 years old with 4 NCB (They gave me my 4th even though it wasn't due for another few weeks) and 2 points when I insured my DC5 in April this year.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Jesus that price is insane!

I'm 22, mods declared, protected no claims and breakdown cover for 850 all in.

Todd_77

Advanced Member
That is mad.

Im just turnt 21 at end of June

£834 with mods declared.

That's with admiral

hondaft

Advanced Member
Jeez haha wish I could get quotes anywhere near that! When I do quotes later on at night with admiral they're coming up cheaper for some reason? 1800 odd is the best I'm getting now all under my name, Keith Michaels phoned me back today though and said I'd easily be under 1k after my first year with someone else :) gonna need to take the hit on the first year!