insurance rant, long winded *yawn*

gixer750

Advanced Member
norwich union di-rectum

my policy was on suspension since feb and i have spent a good couple of hours dealing with 5 different idiots at an offshore call centre to re start it on my teg. i didn't want to waste half a years no claims and get a derisory refund if i could help it.
first, the number for nud in the sticky doesnt work anymore, this is a good thing.
second, they have no idea what one is.

idiot 1: after half an hour of hold/repeat everything twice/hold etc, i got a good quote for the remaining 6 months. excess same as before £400.

idiot 2 had no information about anything i had previously set up and had me start from scatch. kept saying aftermarket injection kit instead of induction kit and after ages on hold asked if that was turbo or supercharger induction. my quote went up £50. excess still £400.

idiot 3: finally got through and said proceed with policy, to find out they had listed a diesel 2.0 cd5 integra. after half an hour of p*ssing about changing everything, i got a new quote, close to the higher one. i said proceed, but he insisted he needed to refund me £130 for the time not using the old car onto a card i no longer have, and then take back off me £180 for insuring a teg. excess same as before, £400.
when i told him to do the maths and just take £50 he argued about 'company policy' and cut me off.

idiot 4: all i wanted to do was get a cover note for a car with a chassis no. instead of a registration, after 20 mins of going round in circles the phone went dead. excess is still £400.

reasonable bloke who right at the end royally f**ked me 5: he picked through the problems and mistakes, made doubly sure of the sort of vehicle we were insuring, got a payment figure taking into account what was owed and what was owing, made sure my quote was accurate......
.....and then told me my excess on this vehicle is £820!!!!

i paid the £40 odd difference, i got my cover note within 36hrs (which was nice) and as soon as the teg is registered, i feel like kicking these 2hats into touch. isn't there a 14 day period where you can change your mind or something...
a truly shoddy outfit, you can tell why call centre staff in other countries cost less. i hate meeting people who are incompetent at the job they are paid to do.

rant over. :evil:

mike99

Advanced Member
ah good old norwich union. there to mess up your day.

i totally agree mate, they are stupidly shocking at what they do. i wanted to know how much to insure on a 1.4 ek civic, same spec, etc as my old one, which they had quoted me 7hundred something, but they gave me a new quote of over 1000 and they said that was at least with the guy on the end of the phone be a pissy little girl about me asking numerous simple questions.

huh norwich union. never again.

vt-marty

Advanced Member
ditch them when the car is sorted, hopefully in the 14 money back period and call A-Plan. they were great.

gixer750

Advanced Member
:lol: they sent me a cover note for the teg straight away and 200bhp has that, and now i have received the ins. cert, but for the prelude they wrote off! i kid you not! :shock:
in the same batch of letters is one for the teg, only it comes with a bill for £180!!!!
oh and it says performance injection system on it :roll:

rip off guy 5 becomes idiot 5 :evil:

i will need to call them again :xmad:

mudz-itr

Advanced Member
i would advise people not to use norwich union, although their prices are cheaper for some standard cars. their customer service is shit. they take months to settle claims and then make excuses as to you're not covered etc.

keevster

Advanced Member
Yip its a 14 day no quibble, you can cancel the policy, for a fee :lol: of course.

Yeh i would ditch them mate, if there this bad just now, what they gona be like if you need to claim :shock:

A Plan where top notch, the guy i spoke too, know's his stuff. Sky where equally as good, well clued up on the car, mods, basically eveything you need to know when insuring a DC5.

Those two defo get my vote, also where similarly priced, only problem with Sky, there quote for my second car was pricy, A Plan won :lol: :wink:

Paul :wink:

Duncs

wife has Yaris with these clowns,
has a fault accident against her, have not made a claim!!!
i phoned the head office in Norwich untill i got a sensible answer, but that came from somewhere sunny, got it resolved but come renewal we will be oFF