Insurance renewal after 11 months

JezW

Advanced Member
I've had the Teg for 5 months now, but am just wondering how this would work.

My insurance renewal came in mid December last year and at the time I was driving a Golf TDI. One month later (in January) I bought the Teg and sold the Golf. I ammended my policy (with Elephant) to the Integra, I had made loads of calls leading up to this and fortunately Elephant offered me the best price on both the Golf and the Integra.

With companies like greenlight, sky, adrian flux, etc. they all gave me silly quotes because I had never driven a high insurance group car. They told me to come back after 1 year of driving it...I'm wondering if 11 months of driving a dc5 will be sufficient to give me a sensible quote, because then I could end my policy with elephant in December, having been insured on the Golf for 1 month, dc5 for 11 months.

I'm not sure how this would work on their systems, perhaps they are limited to "years experience" on high insurance group cars, if you see what I mean.

I suppose worst case I pay for one additional month with elephant, then I would have a full year on the dc5.

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
JezW said:

My insurance renewal came in mid December last year and at the time I was driving a Golf TDI. One month later (in January) I bought the Teg and sold the Golf. I ammended my policy (with Elephant) to the Integra, I had made loads of calls leading up to this and fortunately Elephant offered me the best price on both the Golf and the Integra.

With companies like greenlight, sky, adrian flux, etc. they all gave me silly quotes because I had never driven a high insurance group car. They told me to come back after 1 year of driving it...I'm wondering if 11 months of driving a dc5 will be sufficient to give me a sensible quote, because then I could end my policy with elephant in December, having been insured on the Golf for 1 month, dc5 for 11 months.

I'm not sure how this would work on their systems, perhaps they are limited to "years experience" on high insurance group cars, if you see what I mean.

I suppose worst case I pay for one additional month with elephant, then I would have a full year on the dc5.
Fine with us :)

JezW

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
Hard to say but feel free to get in touch.

Tel: 01707 642552

Thanks
Hi, how would you enter this on your system?

Tim@Prestige said:
Fine with us :)
Hi Tim,

Would I be classified as having 1 years experience on the dc5 on your system?

Thanks for the responses.

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
JezW said:
Hi Tim,

Would I be classified as having 1 years experience on the dc5 on your system?

Thanks for the responses.

Hi Jez
Yes, we'd be fine with this. One month isn't going to radically change your driving habits ;)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
JezW said:

That would be fine for us. We offer some great prices on DC5's so please feel free to get in touch for a quotation. If you wanted to PM me when it comes up i'll look at a quote for you personally.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000