Insurance shock!

hoova78

Did mine directly through them, called them yesterday to transfer the policy and got a refund from the Golf GTi :D And it's definitely for the DC5.....

c7frw84

Advanced Member
Done a quote through sainsburys website, put my registration in and the quote came in at £678, had a quick look at it and noticed they had quoted me for a dc2 so I amended the car details and it changed to a dc5 the price also changed to £431, to me this is madness I can't understand how they can insure the dc5 cheaper!! I'm 28 with 7 years no claims

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Done a quote through sainsburys website, put my registration in and the quote came in at £678, had a quick look at it and noticed they had quoted me for a dc2 so I amended the car details and it changed to a dc5 the price also changed to £431, to me this is madness I can't understand how they can insure the dc5 cheaper!! I'm 28 with 7 years no claims
I'd still be very careful.. and personally speaking I wouldn't insure my performance Jap import with a company that predominantly deals with standard UK car insurance.

jambo

Advanced Member
Phoned them today and went through it all to make sure they had the correct car, which they did. Took the policy with then for £312.

d2007ave

Advanced Member
Phoned them today and went through it all to make sure they had the correct car, which they did. Took the policy with then for £312.
Hey Jambo Is your car stock? If not how did they deal with mods

jambo

Advanced Member
Yeah its stock, used my k20 eg for modding. They did ask if it had any modifications when I was on the phone to them

H105Daz

Advanced Member
This is in fact correct, right at the end (further than where I originally tried) you get the option to ammend the manufacture date and the car model from a 1.8 to a 2.0 Type R.
My car is now insured fully comp with protected no claims for £258.00 .... Bargain!

dave7368

Advanced Member
i tried this, just out of curiosity, quoted me £329 fully comp ( definitely for a 2005 2.0l Type R)

they probably won't be that helpful with a few bolt ons though like mine has...

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
I've just done this aswell i got quoted £357.33 fully comp might see what's in like in a few months time!

Dazmartin

I'm old and have just done a quote as mine is due in 6 days. Sky £580 come down from £650 last year. Sainsburys with protection £244 !
It is listed as a Honda Integra 2.0 Type-R 1998cc 2DR. has anyone actually spoke to them and mentioned it's an import ? This just seems to good to be true ! It's just they don't ask where it's kept, street, drive, garage etc.... Also how do you go about with a modded exhaust and air filter ?

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Dazmartin said:
I'm old and have just done a quote as mine is due in 6 days. Sky £580 come down from £650 last year. Sainsburys with protection £244 !
It is listed as a Honda Integra 2.0 Type-R 1998cc 2DR. has anyone actually spoke to them and mentioned it's an import ? This just seems to good to be true ! It's just they don't ask where it's kept, street, drive, garage etc.... Also how do you go about with a modded exhaust and air filter
^ confidence inspiring then!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
You need to call them and specify that it's a Japanese import and not a UK model car. If they confirm this is fine and issue you a policy document then I don't see there being an issue. Prices look good, though.

Dazmartin

Right, just been on the phone to Sainsburys. Very friendly guy on the phone confirmed all the details, confirmed the car as an import, confirmed cat back stainless exhaust and air filter. Asked if it had a Mugan kit on as they were expensive to replace told him no. Even got a years free breakdown cover with green flag. Sorry Sky but any money saving at this time of year I need.(I saved £300)
Unfortunately you can never tell a good insurer until you need them. Lets hope this never happens.!

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
To insure my dc5 , it was an extra £92 for the year ontop of what I was paying for my ep3, which is pretty good for a 21 year old

H105Daz

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
^ confidence inspiring then!
On my Sky policy (dated Feb2011-Feb2012) you yourselves have stated that my Jap imported DC5 has a 1797cc engine! :xfinger:

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
26 when i got my quote and its 380ish. Its less than the tax on my S2000 :xhaha2: