Insurance (with track day) Woes

Rom

Advanced Member
So I'll preface this by saying Im 33 next month, clean licence since I was 18 or whatever it was when I passed.
12 years, possibly more ncb, though I think over 9 doesn't really count.
Cars parked on drive, occasional commuting, under 5k a year.

Now I've tracked it before, without track insurance. This is something I want to change, and my insurance is up this week sometime.

Currently with Greenlight, and been very happy, but they wont cover Castle Combe, which is my local track.
My renewal (had the car almost 1 year now) was £399. All declared, protected etc etc.

So on Maxs advice, I tried Keith Michaels. They upped his renewal, but went on to match his lowest quote, so he was happy. I'm sure he won't mind me stealing the following from his thread about it..

''[*]Greenlight £489 with a £50 flat fee for track day cover but they wont cover Castle Combe which is a shame as its my local
[*]Sky £420 with a guide price of £90 per track day cover
[*]Adrian Flux £800
[*]Sainsburys couldn't quote me as I had too many mods!
[*]A-Plan £464 with track day cover at £75''

So I rang them, they didn't give me the exact figure, but over double my renewal is what they said.

Very strange seeing as my renewal is cheaper than Max got quoted at Greenlight, and we are similar age, ncb etc.
So I tried the other he tried.

Flux gave me a quote of £480, with track day cover being worst case £150 a time, but more likely £100, will cover combe. But need to do a separate track quote once I have a policy. Only for existing customers.
So again, strange, a lot cheaper than Max.

Sky didn't finish quoting. They told me their track cover is stand alone to the policy, so I can have with them if I stay with Greenlight.
I shall try the online track quote as she explained to me tonight.

A Plan again, did t finish quoting me. Saying they can't cover combe either. As use same underwriter for track cover as greenlight. Which is markerstudy.

Now beside being very annoying, and odd. That companies can be so wildly far apart, going back and forth.
This leaves me with no new cover lined up still.

Is there anyone else you can recommend to try. That will offer track cover. Or standalone track cover.
I was also told to try Moss something by Keith Michaels, and Max , which again, I'll try tonight.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Hi Rom am with sainsburys when i booked my track day a couple of months back they had no problem with me getting track insurance with other company these are who i used below I just filled in the online form clicked what track you are going to.hope this helps.

http://www.moris.co.uk

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I am sure insurance companies use secret spy decoder wheels they got from a shreddies box back in the 90`s, combined with chicken bones thrown from a clay cup to create quotes.

Rom

Advanced Member
There is nothing wrong with that. Its just infuriating when i should be able to get a decent quote, from a company who will cover it. PLus seperate track cover costs more.
Ive got a great quote, no combe.
Company who will do combe, want to have my pants down.

There is no rhyme or reason, I really do think they make stuff up. I mean Keith Michaels told me its not just age, location, mods etc etc. Then quote me around double what Greenlight and Flux did. Yet they can also use Markerstudy as an underwriter.
Max has the opposite, and Flux want to have his pants down. So clearly one company is wrong, as his nor my details changed.

Sky track insurance doesnt cover combe.
Chris Knott dont do track cover last i checked.

Ill try Pace Ward tomorrow, not sure if Brentacre do it or not, again, ill try tomorrow.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Need to Insure, matey.

Think I pay £60 (or it may be £80) for the year. This gives me 5 trackdays (I think it even includes Coombe) with a minimum of £1k excess (or 10% the value of the car, whatever is more). Also helps that they beat Greenlight, Sky, A-plan, Brentacre, Keith Michaels, etc.

Been with them a few times. Always nice to know I can add and remove any mod FOC, just need to email them to update the spec sheet - as long as I don't go above the 250bhp limit which I won't be.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have used keith michaels and my wife still does for her s2000, no one else even is close with it being extensively modified,

Pace ward will offer cover im sure, if you call them ask for Jeremy and tell him simon miskelly recommended them, hes been a pal of mine for 10 years since i had an evo, he insures all the MLR events, sprints etc, and are pretty flexible normally.

Rom

Advanced Member
Cheers guys.

Need To Insure are £584 for the year, Inc 5 track days, which includes combe. Going to check the details once the email arrives.

I tried Pace Ward Simon (I didn't realise you were Simon, seen the name on Facebook chats a lot)
Guy seemed very reluctant to put me through to Jeremy, told me it would be him who deals with a new policy anyway etc.
He said the lowest price for a new policy is set at £432, which seemed odd to me. He said it could go lower with renewal, but no new business will be below that.
Track cover was 75-80 per day. They also offer it standalone at 95 per day.

Guess I need to weigh up how many days I'll do, and see what's going to be best value.

Thanks again

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Moris! Thats the one, not sure where i got Moss from...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Rom said:
Cheers guys.

Need To Insure are £584 for the year, Inc 5 track days, which includes combe. Going to check the details once the email arrives.

I tried Pace Ward Simon (I didn't realise you were Simon, seen the name on Facebook chats a lot)
Guy seemed very reluctant to put me through to Jeremy, told me it would be him who deals with a new policy anyway etc.
He said the lowest price for a new policy is set at £432, which seemed odd to me. He said it could go lower with renewal, but no new business will be below that.
Track cover was 75-80 per day. They also offer it standalone at 95 per day.

Guess I need to weigh up how many days I'll do, and see what's going to be best value.

Thanks again
its always hard to get hold of him , his full name is jeremy pace, ;) they arnt normally the cheapest, but they offer decent track cover, several of the evo guys have had some big claims and they have all gone through with no fuss