Insuring two cars - any success? tips?

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at buying a cheap run around to get me to work and back etc. so i can leave the teg somewhere safe during the day.

Has anyone had issues with insuring a second car? ive seen some rumours that i need a separate policy for a run about and that i cant use the same no claims that i have on the teg?!

its only a 1.2 corsa.... so cant imagine it would be much after 10 years of driving but looks to be more painful than expected....

anyone done anything similar??

Cheers,

javirai

Mark_teg

Staff member
Yes, you need a seperate policy and you can only use your NCD on one of them.
Who is the teg insured with?
Mine is with Greenlight and they kindly mirrored my NCD allowing me to use them on another policy.
Some people have a multicar policy but I have no experience of that to comment.
Costs me £620 to insure the teg and a 1.0litre vw polo, I'm 30 years old :(

HTH

Javirai1

Advanced Member
im currently insured with adrian flux......

yeah i'm 28 and have been driving for over 10 years ....... but looked at a few separate quotes and its more expensive to insure the corsa without my no claims than it is the teg! :(

bennn

Advanced Member
I pay about £800 to insure my DC5 and my 306 HDI and I'm 25.

I've got the 306 insured fully comp with Elephant and use all of my 7 years no claims on this car. This costs me around £300 for the year.

I insure my DC5 with Greenlight which cost me £500 with limited mileage of 5000 per year. Although I couldn't actually use my no claims discount, they agreed to mirror the no claims I use on the 306 so I've effectively got the same discount.

I'd insure the daily using a "normal" insurance company, who will no doubt be a lot cheaper when using your no claims. Then give Greenlight, Brentacre or Flux a call about mirroring your NCB for the DC5.

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Definitely had my pants pulled down by adrian flux, so shall definitely shop around when it's up for renewal.

Looking at needing two policies, think I'm better off waiting until it's up for renewal and do all the changes at the same time.

Thanks for the help gents. Much appreciated!

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
Yes, it's not a problem having 2 policies & as has been said insurers like ourselves can mirror NCB on your second car :)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Javirai1 said:
Definitely had my pants pulled down by adrian flux, so shall definitely shop around when it's up for renewal.

Looking at needing two policies, think I'm better off waiting until it's up for renewal and do all the changes at the same time.

Thanks for the help gents. Much appreciated!
Definately drop me a PM when its due mate and i can run a quote through for you personally.

We can offer a mirrored NCB on to the policies which can lead to some great quotes....especially if you can do less than 5k miles in your DC5

Cheers
Neil
Greenlight

darkhawk

Advanced Member
I'll be getting in contact soon then Neil!

Looking for a daily to save some money with teg of the road then I'll insure it as a second car doing less than 2k a year Nvm 5k haha

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
darkhawk said:
I'll be getting in contact soon then Neil!

Looking for a daily to save some money with teg of the road then I'll insure it as a second car doing less than 2k a year Nvm 5k haha
Excellent. If you can reduce the miles on the Teg to below 5k or (below 3k would be even cheaper) it should lead to some great quotes.

When you are ready for prices mate drop me a PM with your contact info and ill get in touch personally.

Cheers
neil
Greenlight

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Greenlight done this for me, gave me a brilliant quote. Il be getting in touch with them to insure my daily driver when that policy ends too,

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Admiral Mirrored my no claims for me last year without me even asking. So when i switched companys last year i took two lots of 5 years NCB for my cars :D worked out better than i thought it would.