Intake help...PasswordJDM/ARC?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I'm on the hunt an intake to replace my AEM as it leaves a massive gap in the bay which I hate! :wacko:

I currently have a buddyclub p1 strut ( see engine bay thread), which I'd like to keep as it is 1 of 2 made for the facelift model, however this limits the number of intakes I can have. So a Gruppe m/ Tegiwa m is out of the equation.

Could anyone recommend some intakes that will fill the bay, and still give me good power gains. If you have an decent intake lying around. Let me know...

I am looking into getting a Password JDM intake, however I haven't heard any review of it? Also anyone know where I can get an ARC intake from and how much?

Cheers

Reggie

Mark_teg

Staff member
Reggie91 said:
A mugen intake would rub on the strut. Also its too quiet for my liking
Ron has a guide on here to modify the mountings.
Fair enough, it is quiet.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Ron has a guide on here to modify the mountings.
Fair enough, it is quiet.
Yeah I remember speaking to rom about it. I could do that, but it think the fact I've already got a fujitsubo exhaust, I want the intake to be a little louder.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm on the hunt an intake to replace my AEM as it leaves a massive gap in the bay which I hate! :wacko:

I currently have a buddyclub p1 strut ( see engine bay thread), which I'd like to keep as it is 1 of 2 made for the facelift model, however this limits the number of intakes I can have. So a Gruppe m/ Tegiwa m is out of the equation.

Could anyone recommend some intakes that will fill the bay, and still give me good power gains. If you have an decent intake lying around. Let me know...

I am looking into getting a Password JDM intake, however I haven't heard any review of it?

Cheers

Reggie
Im looking at making a cover to hide the gap

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
Im looking at making a cover to hide the gap
I don really want to just fill in the gap. Id rather have a functional intake there instead.

Dotty suggested an ARC, which I think would fit. I just don't know where I would find one :/

Chewy

Advanced Member
ARC can only be found second hand now, throw a wanted thread up and see if anyone has one.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Gordydc5 said:
What about a j's racing one that might fit under the strut brace?
J's defiantly doesn't fit. I think blue guy tried fitting it to his car, but opted to change the brace rather than the intake.

dotty

Advanced Member
Try and source an ARC. They're a great intake , you get a great induction roar and they are oem fitment. Though it's worth putting some rubber washers at each mounting point to prevent them splitting which they are prone to doing. I rate the arc over the gruppe m.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I second what dotty says on this, I've had the 'Tegiwa M' and now have the ARC and It's a much better fit in the bay, Looks the part and personally I think it gives off a better noise out of the 2.

They're also better for mid range performance (not as good top end as the Gruppe/Tegiwa) but it's in the most usable part of the power band so you're better off in my opinion.

Richie200

Advanced Member
My DC5 came with a PasswordJDM. The noise on vtec does sound awesome. It's a bit of a minefield with intakes, although I love the look of it in the engine bay and they're relatively cheap compared to the other major brands.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Richie200 said:
My DC5 came with a PasswordJDM. The noise on vtec does sound awesome. It's a bit of a minefield with intakes, although I love the look of it in the engine bay and they're relatively cheap compared to the other major brands.
Have you had any other experiences with intakes to compare it too? Does it suffer from heat soak etc?

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader
We can supply Password if you decide to get one. Their carbon products are second to none! The heatsoak should be minimal with the placement of the filter.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Tegiwa Imports said:
We can supply Password if you decide to get one. Their carbon products are second to none! The heatsoak should be minimal with the placement of the filter.
How much for the intake and battery relocation kit?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
Chelt_scene has a 2nd hand one for sale
In the for sale threads I wanted to use it on my force induction build but there just isn't ebough room for the pipework :(