Intake Manifolds, RBC or RRC??

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Hi all,
Looking at purchasing a new intake manifold and throttle body on the teg, what do people recommend for the best N/A gains. Seen that alot of people run RBC, however with funds out of the equation what would be best? RRC seems to have a good write up on other forums, does anyone run one on theirs and if so what is the installation like?
Likewise what is needed to fit an RBC mani aswell?

Thanks in advance

Jake Chaplin

Advanced Member
RRC is better than the RBC, then depends what throttle body you want if you need an adapter etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Anyone know if you need to modify the slam panel when fitting either of these like you do on the EP3?

spooke

Advanced Member
Matt-DC5 said:
Anyone know if you need to modify the slam panel when fitting either of these like you do on the EP3?
From what I've been told, they don't. Only the bonnet stay needs removing - so you'd need bonnet dampers.

Liam

Advanced Member
Bonnet stay can be retained with the RBC.

I bent the slam panel in with my fingers where the bonnet stay clip is - it's too tight against the manifold to allow you to clip the stay into it properly, but it stops it falling behind the manifold.

M

mattreay

I've fitted an RRC and didn't need to modify the slam panel.
I did remove the clip for the bonnet stay though. You could probably bend the slam panel to make it fit, like Liam mentions for the RBC.