Intakes that don't need the scuttle modifying?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Is there any decent intake systems that don't need the scuttle modifying? Don't really want to butcher my scuttle, just want something that sounds good ideally.

spooke

Advanced Member
For the best performance you have ARC Super Induction Box, Mugen CF Airbox, or Injen Cold Air Intake, for the best sound Injen Shortram/AEM Shortram.

Richie200

Advanced Member
I run a PasswordJDM intake and gain similar figures with associated mods as the other intakes mentioned above.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I'm running an aem mounted down in the bumper away from any heat soak and no complaints (leaves a massive empty are May in the engine bay for easy access) :)

M

mattreay

I ran an ARC for a while; it sounded great and made decent power but the intake temps were getting very high on track, to the point it was causing an EML.
I've just bought an AEM long arm, not fitted yet, probably the same one Carl has mentioned. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yeah this is what I have (AEM long arm), no complaints here, not too loud, good power gains when mapped with my system and K100 etc

mattreay said:
I ran an ARC for a while; it sounded great and made decent power but the intake temps were getting very high on track, to the point it was causing an EML.
I've just bought an AEM long arm, not fitted yet, probably the same one Carl has mentioned. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Rom

Advanced Member
J's racing Tsuchinoko.

/thread.

Seriously though, great bit of kit. But very expensive. There's only a handful of Tegs with them.
Think I read somewhere, that the old race cars used to run the Gruppe M, until J's developed this. They perform well, and look gorgeous. Cold air scoop behind the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That J's racing Tsuchinoko setup looks great but at circa £750 before shipping and import tax etc it's a little steep... The one thing I love about my AEM is that its small and hidden and so I can also access things easily (e.g. the clutch slave cylinder it if and when required and so on)

But the J's racing Tsuchinoko looks superb

Chris's Mugen one sounds awesome tbh and sounds from this and the Gruppe M are better than the AEM due to them being close to the cabin, whereas mines hidden away in the bumper

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I paid £300 but I think you'll be very lucky to find one for that. The good thing with the Mugen is I'm fairly certain the EP3 one fits so there may be more around.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Okay thank you, I may ask Josh at Torque GT to see if he can source one as I haven't had any luck finding one.

Rom

Advanced Member
I ran a Mugen before the J's.

Not a fan of the aem, makes the bay look a bit odd imo.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I ran a Mugen before the J's.

Not a fan of the aem, makes the bay look a bit odd imo.

Can't disagree with this as my engine bay looks a little empty with the area where an airbox should be being empty, but it means accessing things is easier and tbh when I am driving I am not able to see this blank hole under the bonnet :)

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
My car came with the Js system and I can't imagine it with anything else... Would just seem too small. Helps that it is carbon as well :p

Indi

Advanced Member
If you buy a genuine Gruppe M it comes with a replacement scuttle panel which requires not cutting etc, IMO best looking and sounding intake

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If you buy a genuine Gruppe M it comes with a replacement scuttle panel which requires not cutting etc, IMO best looking and sounding intake
Only issue found with these is that they are generally not that track friendly in the UK, especially at brands last week :-(