Integra DC5 waterproof car cover

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Just wondering if honda made a DC5 specific waterproof car cover at all????

Looking into getting one.... Just wondered if anyone had bought one before???

Cheers, ry

Javirai1

Advanced Member
yeah i like the added touch of the logo :)

rare as rocking horse s**t i imagine then!!

thanks for your help mate, much appreciated.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
There is one for sale on here, can't link you it as I'm on my phone, but look for stuk20 I think his user name is, in the for sale section.

anton1234

Advanced Member
You can buy a stormforce cover from car covers uk(I think that's what there called) I personally wouldn't waste your money, you will have to wash the car every time before you apply th cover or else it will cause major swirl marks with all the dirt trapped on paint and even when the car is clean the covers never fit tight so they flap around in the breeze which I'm sure will also cause damage, just my 2 pence

Anton

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Just thinking with all the bad weather.... Might be bit more protected under a cover.... Interesting point tho Anton. Last thing I want to do is damage it! Cheers guys!

DC5RS

DC5
I do have a great cover for the teg, wasn't expensive but the quality is amazing. I always have the car cleaned before coering it but it stays covered for a week and then I take the trip back home, then again covered. Never had bad swirls but you MUST be careful

Finchy Type-R

i got my one for good old halfords. Its a large breathable cover ans i think its well worth the money. Its around £65

Cam

Advanced Member
Got one from Halfords a couple of years ago for my last car... cats kept sitting on it, kneading on it, scratching it, putting holes in it, did more damage to the car in the end. Little bastards.

yn08_teg

I'm looking into getting a cover as my car sits on the drive and every time it bloody rains the car is filthy. Plus I was hoping it would prevent all the insect stains and bird crap from ruining the paintwork. Although, as you rightly point out the car will have to be cleaned every time before it goes under the cover...

The car is only used at weekends though, so not on a daily basis

General consensus - not worth the hassle?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Not worth the hassle. Scratch heaven. Seen instances myself where paint has fully taken off.

yn08_teg

Right-o thanks for that!

I guess it is probably just a case of washing regularly and applying some decent wax.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
yn08_teg said:
Right-o thanks for that!

I guess it is probably just a case of washing regularly and applying some decent wax.
Correct. A liquid Si02 partial ceramic sealant would be even better. A nice cheap one that is also brilliant is called wowo's Crystal sealant.