integra love

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I could spend half hour explaining my love but I think there's one common love we all have and it's the looks!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

DC5RS

DC5
Doesn't fit in one forum post maybe :)

-reliability
-fast
-economic
-looks ace
-plenty of space
-k20 engine is unbelievable
-sounds awesome
-vtec .. this thing i cant describe it if you don't feel it
-modded easily
-great feeling of the car when driving, feels like a race car even stock

did i say its beautiful?
my favorite car since I was 16

karan

Go into much detail as possible. How do you guys find it to live with. Is it fun racing against others in a straight line.

dotty

Advanced Member
karan said:
Go into much detail as possible. How do you guys find it to live with. Is it fun racing against others in a straight line.
It's not a car for straight line pace..

YENRAV

Advanced Member
That feeling after you park up somewhere..... you HAVE to turn round and look at it :D

I first fell in love with the DC5 after seeing it on Gran Turismo. Many many years later one came up for sale at my local sports car garage..... no brainer.

4 years down the line, 24 thousands miles older, one broken bulb... i still love it.

karan

dotty said:
It's not a car for straight line pace..
Not a car for straight line pace. I read they can keep up with Impreza STI PPP, bmw e46 M3 etc.

Ideally I would like to race people in it too.

dotty

Advanced Member
karan said:
Not a car for straight line pace. I read they can keep up with Impreza STI PPP, bmw e46 M3 etc.

Ideally I would like to race people in it too.
Not as standard they won't. With kpro yes. They are more rewarding as a "b-road blaster"

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
How fast it 'feels'.

All other 'performance' cars ive had I get used to the power after a month or so and just feel I want more power. This thing though still makes me grin if i put my foot down, it still makes me think "this thing does shift". Think its because of how low you sit and how light it feels, plus the sound!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
RobCross said:
How fast it 'feels'.

All other 'performance' cars ive had I get used to the power after a month or so and just feel I want more power. This thing though still makes me grin if i put my foot down, it still makes me think "this thing does shift". Think its because of how low you sit and how light it feels, plus the sound!
I definitely need to get myself some lowered seat rails.

I feel as though I'm too high in the Integra but then again I've heard tales that you're too low once in the lowered seats and then you can't see out the car.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
9 years an owner this September...nothing could replace my Teg...looks fab, handles brilliantly,sooo reliable,vtec grin(can`t help but smile when it hits 5800rpm) :xvtec: Literally wouldn`t swap it for anything,except possibly an NSX! Certainly not the fastest car in a straight line but chuck it on a twisty B road with a few straights here and there and the Teg just comes alive...its just like you become part of the car...the roadhoalding and grip are immense in the dry(even on my budget Federal 595`s!) its such a well balanced car....even my Son who likes most modern performace hatchbacks says its one of the best cars he`s ever driven and ALWAYS asks to borrow it for an hour or three when he`s home!Just love me `Teg xthumbup
http://

wj51fut

Advanced Member
YENRAV said:
That feeling after you park up somewhere..... you HAVE to turn round and look at it :D

I first fell in love with the DC5 after seeing it on Gran Turismo. Many many years later one came up for sale at my local sports car garage..... no brainer.

4 years down the line, 24 thousands miles older, one broken bulb... i still love it.
Exactly the same as me. Just broken up with my ex and was playing Gran Turismo. Picked a DC5 and thought, how much are these in real life??!

Google->Torque GT->2 weeks->on my driveway! Lol

Never looked back. 6 years and about 60k miles.

Although I still wouldn't say no to an FD2...

Erm

Advanced Member
10 and a half years an owner and don't ever want another car as a daily driver. You just don't get it until you've owned one. And if you don't get it when you own one then you aren't a car person IMO. It's everything you want/need from a car. If you don't get out of it with a massive grin on your face then you are doing something wrong.

dotty

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I definitely need to get myself some lowered seat rails.

I feel as though I'm too high in the Integra but then again I've heard tales that you're too low once in the lowered seats and then you can't see out the car.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I thought you were selling up ?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I thought you were selling up ?
At the moment it's looking like I'm going to be able to keep it.

The mortgage on the house hasn't gone through fully yet as there's a lot of complications but I'm fairly certain I'll be able to keep it.

If I do come to sell it I will need to get the timing chain done first as it still needs doing.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
First and foremost it's about the drive. You can have the best looking car in the world but if it doesn't provide a great driving experience then it's all pointless. It feels how a car should feel. What makes it unique is that it has an old school chassis with new school looks. They simply don't make cars like this anymore because of safety concerns. I like feeling close to the road though and it makes me want to race everywhere. You can't help but drive fast in this car but you feel like you should because it was built to be driven that way.

Outside of the driving experience it's also a great daily runner as well. Unlike a lot of cars in the same era it has a decent MPG and it also has plenty of boot space. You don't need to change anything about the car and you could still drive it to and from work, take it to the shops and then out on track. There are so many mods for it though you will probably buy a number of aftermarket parts to make it into your own personal car.

AaronDc5

After 3 years of ownership, I usually couldn't keep a car for 3 months used to keep buying and selling I was never happy, then I stumbled across my dc5 and I think iam good to say It will never leave, handling, power,sound, space it has, it's just beautiful :)