Interior Light not working, nothing blown

kingston

Advanced Member
Hello all,

My interior lights stopped working, now ive checked the fuse (not blown) and the bulb (also no blown) so im stumped as to what it could be though i have a feeling it could be a loose connection (if water had touched the wire itd have blown the fuse).

Now those that have stripped one down, have you traced the wiring back from the light or have any idea where it connects onto that i could check? Id assume its linked up to the doors opening but have no idea where to look.

Thanks

The Lum

Advanced Member
Re: Interior Light

Maybe not alot of help but it does run down the a pillar on the drivers side. Dunno where to but that's the side it goes down.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member

mine also doesnt work :( blows bulbs like 1 a week but i now just leave it turned off but in the winter but it was uber annoying

The Lum

Advanced Member

If you have a C pack with the rear wash on the roof check that it's not water getting in there and running forward causing the shorts.

barrettjona

Mine don't work either. Fist the boot light went, then the interior.
But the ring around the key still lights which, I think, is on the same circuit.
no fuses/blubs blown. :xconfused:

kingston

Advanced Member

I believe they are on the same circuit but none of the other bulbs on mine have stopped working and it started when the cold started last year/started having trouble with the battery, though after 1 3 hour journey it did work but then stopped again, replaced battery and its not 'lit' up since :cry:

Have you pulled yours apart trying the find the wiring loom?

Ill be doing mine at the weekend i think (weather dependant) and with the necessary tools.

Ive also been getting an increase in static (mainly a slight shock when closing th edoor after a drive) as well and its nothing to do with the clothing i wearing.

Lum - not checked for water but would have thought youd see staining/wet patch in the lining?

kingston

Advanced Member
well decided to stop being lazy and purchase a new bulb (only took me around 3 months to sort it out) and install that and hey presto it worked :xcheers:

However on further inspection of the bulb, the filament hadnt broken but something inside the metal terminal section has and looked all speckled/mouldy looking on the metal - the roof hadnt leaked so i have no idea what caused this but my issue is now fixed though there was never really an issue bar my laziness :xlol:

kingston

Advanced Member
Interior light was a Halfords jobby (and the dodgy one was a Hlafords as well), just used the same one as an EP3

If you meant my side lights the PRI Racing