Interior light not working

RobS

Advanced Member
Morning all.

I collected my dc5 2 days ago and have so far been really enjoying it. However I have 1 annoying issue, the interior dome light does not work.

I opened it up yesterday to find no bulb so bought a 269 festoon from halfords to test it and it still does not work.

Checked fuse box, the brown 7.5 in the middle looks okay (think that's the right one) so I'm a bit stumped, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

RobS

Advanced Member
I will check this morning, should the boot light come on regardless of if the key is not in it?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Boot light will only come on once you open it. Try pushing the door shut switches in and out and see if there is a lose connection. These can get rusted up and stick over time. As it's new in the country and been sat for a while it could be that.

Also check the back of the circuit on the dome light. Water can get into the roof lining. Especially if there is a rear washer/wiper.

HTH

Adam

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
I had this problem, the fuse and bulb was ok, I read on here somewhere that another member replaced the hole unit and it has been ok. I did and it fixed it.

I got a 2nd hand unit from jap performance parts for about £25-30

RobS

Advanced Member
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I checked the boot lamp, also not working. (This did have a bulb in it which looked okay)

Can anyone confirm it is the 7.5A fuse under the bonnet that controls that circuit?

I will take the light apart tomorrow and see if theirs any wetness / corroded parts, cheers for the tip Adam.

If that does not work will have to replace the unit I suppose!

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
It's definitely a 7.5A, can't remember which number it is in the fuse box but sounds like it's the light unit itself.