Interior light problem

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
as above really anyone else had/having problems with there interior light?? mine seems to have a mind of its own it works when it bloody whats to its soooo annoying and as the darker nights as in now it makes it even worse.
The bulb works fine, anyone have ainy idea's???

Stoo

Whining.....
Possibly a bad earth or door switch mate. Get one of your techs to have a look.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
anyone else had this problem? its so blody annoying lol, if not it may have to get added to the list when it goes to tgm for a service

hondadc2

Advanced Member
I've got this issue too, but not really too bothered about it. Going to just get a new interior light and see if that resolves it..
Havent checked the fuses yet..

Stoo

Whining.....
It can't be the light itself or the bulb, as they are working.

I would strongly suggest it is a door switch, or a bad earth. Check these first before spending money elsewhere.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
its fine in the summer but this time of year i find it uber annoying :( i havet checked the fuse partly because im not sure where it is lol.but it just comes on when it wants to, but ive just truned it off for now. yea let me know if that works please mate?

hondadc2

Advanced Member
Thanks Stoo.. I'm going to try my earthing kit first then door switches..

will let you know Ben

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
cheers bud, i looked in the manual that porthos posted and i coundnt see anything on the interior light :(

Stoo

Whining.....
The earthing kit will not be the issue.

The fuse will not be the issue, if the light works.

My prognosis is the door switch (Most likely) or a bad earth in the circuit or a loose connection.

mikegsi

Staff member
I agree with the door switch, take it off and give it a clean - blow through with air, bit of wd40... see if that helps initially.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
My bulb blew after 2 years so I replaced it with the same bulb and that blew a week later. 6 months later I still haven't bothered getting another bulb...
I checked the housing and the contacts seem fine so it must be surging for some reason.

hondadc2

Advanced Member
I checked the door switches couldnt see anything wrong. I replaced the bulb which did the trick..

jono888

Advanced Member
hmm I've replaced the interior bulb but that hasn't done the trick.

so I would need to check the door switch? where abouts is that? lol

kennye68

Jono P said:
hmm I've replaced the interior bulb but that hasn't done the trick.

so I would need to check the door switch? where abouts is that? lol
Has this problem been resolved yet as I've just removed my bulb and it looks fine but am getting no light , also does anyone know what the correct fuse is for interior light ?

Kenny .... :xnworthy:

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
anyone no the bulb number for the glove box ? it looks like a mini version of the interior bulb

redcap

Advanced Member
_BILLY_EK9_ said:
anyone no the bulb number for the glove box ? it looks like a mini version of the interior bulb
It's a 269 (30mm) Festoon bulb I think, only markings on it are A 12V 3.4V.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Just to add my experience to this. Had similar issue and when I took the bulb out the metal contacts came away from the glass. It seems as though the festoon bulb eventually breaks down around the contacts. So just because the filament looks ok doesn't mean there is a proper connection through the whole bulb. My advice is always try replacing the bulb first even if it looks ok. It is after all the simplest and most obvious place to start and it's a cheap fix! As Simon always says, the wiring in a Honda is rarely at fault unless it's already been messed with....

Taoystar

I has the same issue too, check your fuse box that the engine bay, my one had a blown fuse that was the cause.