Interior switch / control panel light bulbs?

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help?
Slowly but surely, all the interior lights are going down - ie the bulbs are going. The only ones left working are the instrument cluster & the A/C illumination as per pic.

Can anyone tell me which bulbs are required to replace the fault units for the above control panel, and also the mirror switch panel?

Also, any guides to replacing them would be fantastic!

Many thanks, Ross

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Fantastic mate, thank you!
I did search but could only find the hazard light switch one, I'm glad I did as that's another one that's no longer illuminating!

Soldering isn't a problem, i guess I could strip that and have a drive over to maplins to match up. Do you know if the window switches should illuminate also?

And another one, I read on the linked post about the LED bulbs not fitting? Someone did provide a link to some that worked perfectly fine but has since expired. Do you know of an LED bulb I can use that 100% fits?

Many thanks,

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Also, I take it it's just white bulbs I need, and the colour is depicted through the plastic fascia?

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Im not sure on led bulbs as I used Honda one's. I think you are best of buying from Honda so it fits first time.

I have just checked and the electric windows switch does illuminate, the part that says AUTO.

also when you are removing the climate control panel I would suggest taking out the stereo and pushing the panel out from behind, I find this easier then prying it with a blunt knife.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
That sounds a good plan to be fair mate, thanks!
I'll give my local honda a ring tomorrow and see what they can sort for me...

MatthewM

I got a couple of the bulbs for the outside part of the climate control from Honda, if you need part numbers let me know and Ill dig out the receipt.

Love the Honda pen btw :)

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Thanks mate. I've ordered some LED bulbs from Amazon, so I'll let you all know how they fit and how good they work!
Haha, I felt like I needed a pen in the pen holder, and of course it had to be white and red to match the CW ITR haha!

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Just off the beaten track a bit, if you order T3 LED bulbs for the engine start button, get a red one instead of white as there is no red filter in that switch. The original bulb uses a red rubbery filter cover so that the colour matches the rest of the dash but that cover also dims the bulb somewhat.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info mate, mine hasn't got a start button so I should be ok!
The bulbs are due for delivery tomorrow, so I'll let you know how they are :)

Ross

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Spent a little time today sorting these out, so thought I'd update it...I replaced all the control panel bulbs, and also the hazard light warning bulb.

For the T3 bulbs I purchased these:

10 Pcs White 3020 SMD 1-LED Gauge Light Bulb T3 for Auto Car Internal https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O9VV8U2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1IrNxbJWHWH0D

And for the T4 bulbs I found I needed to purchase T4.2 & purchased these:

sourcingmap 10 Pcs T4.2 White 3020 1 SMD LED Meter Panle Light for Car Internal https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NWE348G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0JrNxbCYF6A3Q

And the finished product:

Hope this helps anyone looking!

Ross

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I have just had my T3/ T4.2 LEDs arrive today so will be doing all of this as well.

I also took apart the mirror adjust switch, but you can't fully prise it apart because the mirror fold button seems to stop it coming apart. You can take off the actual front part and see the bulb, but there is only maybe 15mm either direction to work with... If you do manage it the solder connection is on the front face so it could be carefully done.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Quick update, I found the heater control panel bulb bases were longer than the replacements so the new leds did not light the area well enough.

I straightened the legs of the new leds, removed from the short base and fitted to the original longer base, so the led was closer to the front panel. This lit it up more and looks a bit better.