Intermittent lumpy running....help :-(

Beefman147

Hello. I changed the gearbox oil in my DC5 last night and I can only assume it is purely coincidence that as soon as letting the car off the ramp and starting it, it was running lumpy and struggling to idle. I did have a similar issue before this when I had an S90 TB on the car but ever since removing this for a standard one and cleaning the IACV the car has been running like a dream.

The symptoms are as follows:
Struggling to idle and cutting out if not given revs
Driving is erratic and feels very heistant like it is missing
Smells like the car is running very rich

I say this is intermittent as at one point the car almost like with the flip of the switch returned to being perfectly normal and idled as it should. On the short drive home last night it would alternate being driving perfectly and then every now and again bog down a bit again.

Can anyone advise as to what might be the most likely culprit of this?

Things I have checked are the TPS Sensor - It was reading 0.51v Closed and 4.70 at WOT.....Is this too far out of spec?
I have a blowout at the bottom of my manifold which I will be getting sorted this weekend......could this cause fuelling issues with the lambda sensor?

Any input much appreciated!

Cheers. Chris

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Could you have knocked an earth off somewhere?

I forgot to tighten the earth on the head for the injectors and it was ticking over fine, then suddenly it was all over the place and almost stalling. Tightened the earth up and it immediately fixed my issue.