Inverted tie rod or Tegiwa steering arm bracket?

Vindots

Advanced Member
Hi guys, its me again asking a 'dum dum' question.

btw, does anyone here using inverted tie rod?
please enlighten my knowledge,

is it necessary?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
They serve to reduce steering arm angle which in turn reduces bump steer but all depends how low your car is...

ollydc5

Advanced Member
would the " T1R" inverted tie rod be fine to a JDM DC5R?
I'd stay clear of the T1R inverted ends and recommend the TGM kit as its way more stronger, like a lot of products out there the read up on the T1R's wasn't always positive. What is the rest of your suspension and steering setup, what are you using?

Vindots

Advanced Member
i've only got buddyclub roll centre adjuster, aragosta coilovers, and some adjustable camber kit

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Sounds good mate, what are you using the car for or what are your future plans? How low is your car also

alucardo

Advanced Member
Depends how low you are going if you drop it by a big amount you will need the tie rod ends. A small drop you can get away with just the bracket. Ill let you know more as im refitting the bracket and tgm tie rod ends this weekend to my car.

Vindots

Advanced Member
@ollydc5 - I'll be using the car for trackdays and some time attack days..

@alucardo, - please post in this thread the result with some pics if you can. thanks mate!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I recommend the TGM rod ends then mate, I use them for track use after I kept damaging steering racks. I was running the car with a 40mm drop and the steering arm angle was quite high, they helped me bring the angle down loads and never had the problem since.

Vindots

Advanced Member
cheers mate, will email them now, so hopefully, everything goes smooth.. do they have ebay? because im from New zealand.

alucardo

Advanced Member
Having another thought with the bc rolladjusters you will need to go lower than just getting away with a bracket so tie rod ends...

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/25864-reduced-tgm-inverted-rod-ends-new/

ollydc5

Advanced Member
cheers mate, will email them now, so hopefully, everything goes smooth.. do they have ebay? because im from New zealand.
Really cool, nearly moved there a few years ago but the mrs pulled the plug :-( anyway I'm sure if you contact them they will sort you out, any problems let me know and I'll ring them for you.

Olly

Vindots

Advanced Member
@alucardo, thanks for the link but i wouldn't buy from a private seller because im from nz and I dont want to take the risk, thanks for the link though,
but the problem is, I emailed TGM and there's no reply? how could I purchase that tie Rod end ? :(

ollydc5

Advanced Member
A well trusted seller on his behalf but i can understand the risk,

As far as tgm try to be patient, most people will back me up when I tell you they don't stop as there's such a demand. I sat in the office one day and it drove me crazy as the phones don't stop, try and be patient it'd be worth it. If not there maybe other options for you as far as inverted ends, just would be worth the wait.

Vindots

Advanced Member
yeah i guess i'll have to wait :) thanks mate!
btw, I've seen some pics on club rsx, what they did was instead of intalling the tie rod end(factory) on the top of the suspension(coilovers) steering arm, they installed it up-side down

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'm going to TGM on Saturday. If you haven't managed to make contact before then, drop me a pm.

Note, it's always best to try and call TGM rather than email.

Stoo

Whining.....
yeah i guess i'll have to wait thanks mate!
btw, I've seen some pics on club rsx, what they did was instead of intalling the tie rod end(factory) on the top of the suspension(coilovers) steering arm, they installed it up-side down
What, you mean like inverted the track rod end?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I understand the obvious theory in doing that but depending on the steering arms you may have to modify the hole as they are usually tapered, which personally I wouldn't of considered on my £1500 pound coilovers for the sake of £180. I'd try and stay away from this option