Inverted track rod ends?

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
yeh..

im guessing a little as i havent done mine yet but as you'd know as you lower the car it the angle increases on the rod ends.

the riser raises them back up to where they should be straightening the route, whereas the inverted ends will 'lower' the mounting points straightening the route that way.

essentially you're either raising one end or lowering the other.

so from what i can make out either would suffice and do the same job.

if im wrong hopefully someone will come smack me down again :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
tgm can do them, i think buddyclub can do too, (but i could be wrong there) they will help with bump steer on a lowered vehicle, not sure how the 'rack risers' work or fit so cant comment on those

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Might look into these once i get some coilovers fitted if they reduce bump steer.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Rack risers do the same thing! don't bother to buy these, there is as i said before more maintenance.

lee76

Advanced Member
And only one shear point so the lower part of the bolt is not supported.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
i read through the build thread and he actually removed them for oem track rod ends as they made it worse

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
they just replace the existing bracket pushing it up slightly

ideally you'll want new crush washers etc.. if you are fitting one just to do a proper job..

-2x # 53536 S5A 900 (crush washer)
-2x # 53662 S5A 003 (o-ring)
-1x # 53535 S5A 900 (lock washer)

i got this off a guide on clubep3.com cant link it as for some unknown reason my ip is banned even though i've never heard of the site until a couple of weeks ago /shrug

leejw87

Spoon Whore
donkeykong said:
i got the rack raiser installed already, rods are almost horizontal with 3 cm lowering.
Did you notice a difference after this was fitted?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Yes i noticed lighter steering and more responsive steering. Havent been driving hard since its winter, but will chance my bushes soon and when its warmer weather putting new ad08 on it. Then im confident to push it.