iPhone Knowledge Fountains - Look here please

Stoo

Whining.....
Right, story goes

I lost my iPhone
Rang Voda, cancelled it.
Insurance sent me a new one.

Couple of days later, found iPhone!

If I put my new voda sim in Old (lost) one, it says no service.
If I put my wifes 02 Sim in it, it says invalid sim.

Question,
how can I get it working on O2 for the wife?
Or is it just now a Fat iPod Touch?

The Lum

Advanced Member
Jailbreak it. Google "IPhone Jailbreak". Also worth noting that try not to instal new IOS 4.2.1 as its a nightmare to jailbreak. RED SNOW was the program I used before. Also there is ULTRA SNOW (i think) is for unlocking the phone to use any sim.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
good advice, jailbreak is the only way but you have to be careful not to let the phone do automatic updates .

when the updates are anounced from apple the jailbrake version normally comes soon after, if you do the update it restores it back to std.

armjoker

Advanced Member
DO NOT UPDATE THE IOS!!!

Witch version of IOS u have now? U need unlock(ultrasnow) to use any sim u want. What Iphone is it?
If u update the IOS to new one you wont be able to Jailbreak and install ultrasnow to use any sim.
If you can tell me the baseband ant ios version of the phone also the model, ill be able to help u:)

The Lum

Advanced Member
IOS 4.2.1 last time i looked (about a week ago) was struggling for a real jailbreak and def couldnt use ultrasnow for sim unlock.

Not sure if you can revert back to 4.2 or 4.0 somewhere?

Stoo

Whining.....
I'm a complete novice at this.

It's definitely on 4.2.1, 3GS with baseband 05.15.04

Stoo

armjoker

Advanced Member
Ok, there is only one way to jailbreak and unlock it ATM. U need new redsnow. BUT u have to go to ipad basband 6.15 to be able to unlock it. Ultrasnow unlocker is not working on your baseband. U can get more info on ipone dev team blog. Look in google u will find it. Its the only place they can help u. I dont know how the hackers are doing now, havent been on blog for a while. Maybe things have changed) just check out ipone dev team blog.