IRISH INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

gannondc5

Advanced Member
my insurance is up with hibernian and when i first got the teg i transfered my insurance and the said they dont cover the dc5 fully comp so when i rang them today the said they will only give me tpft @1300 i asked to speak to the manager and she said they wont insure that model for anybody no matter what age or no claims bonus as its to high risk! im 26 5 years no claims full licence is there anyone around the same age insured with anyone else properly declaring dc5 type r fully comp without silly excess like 3000 euro
ive tried first ireland and there looking +2000euro money which is mad! still have to try britton fingers crossed may have to sell it im not paying that for poxy insurance :xmad:

macer

Advanced Member
Got mine insured as a DC5 a TYPER with St Paul's travelers insurance for 970, you have to go though a broker. Be careful with Britton as I rang them twice in two years and on both occasions they quoted me on the IS model even after I told them it was a TypeR. After I got them to make 100% sure they quoted me on the TypeR they did a check and both times they said they can't insure the TypeR model.

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
I've heard that the ins comp have been told by the government to stop insuring jap imports. Also know of a few ppl who are struggling to get quotes for imports.

INS has gone up 11% since start of year.

jay82

Advanced Member
my insurance is up in july, not looking forward for the renewal :(

is the tax 620 for the year now?

Anto-EK9

macer said:
Got mine insured as a DC5 “TYPER” with St Paul’s travelers insurance for 970, you have to go though a broker. Be careful with Britton as I rang them twice in two years and on both occasions they quoted me on the IS model even after I told them it was a TypeR. After I got them to make 100% sure they quoted me on the TypeR they did a check and both times they said they can’t insure the TypeR model.
Im insured with St. Pauls aswell through 123.ie. Find them very resonable considering im only 21! €1350 fully comp!

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I'm with XS Direct..

I guess if you bought a Jap Import from the UK and brought it from the UK to Ireland you could just tell them you bought it over there and as far as you know its not a Jap import? :-k

Shanetyper

Advanced Member
mine was €1446 last year
this is dropped to €1302 im 25 and 5 yrs NCB thats with britton
i rang ya woman and she said i was lucky it didnt go up coz of

INS has gone up 11% since start of year.

jay82

Advanced Member
Anto-EK9 said:
macer said:
Got mine insured as a DC5 “TYPER” with St Paul’s travelers insurance for 970, you have to go though a broker. Be careful with Britton as I rang them twice in two years and on both occasions they quoted me on the IS model even after I told them it was a TypeR. After I got them to make 100% sure they quoted me on the TypeR they did a check and both times they said they can’t insure the TypeR model.
Im insured with St. Pauls aswell through 123.ie. Find them very resonable considering im only 21! €1350 fully comp!
make sure thats for a 2litre, cause most insurers have got the five as 1.8 on there system

Anto-EK9

jay82 said:
Anto-EK9 said:
macer said:
make sure thats for a 2litre, cause most insurers have got the five as 1.8 on there system
Yep its as a 2.0 Type R!

jay82

Advanced Member
ok was paying 1050euro last year for insurance and this year it has shot up too 1638.43. how the hell car they do that :eek:
i'm 26, full liences 7 years, 8 years no claims bonus. i think its a mistake on the brokers behalf, but jesus i went white. i taught that levy was 3% and the broker said that it had dropped 50euro :lol:

jay82

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
what broker you with jay?
i'm with smyths insurance broker from tallaght
just looking at the sheet now and they have the value at 23600 as well :xconfused:

omadc5

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
i'm 26 full ncb full license and my insurance is 1000 yoyo fully comp with my no claims protected with quinn
I tried quinn yesterday and they told me they dont insure the dc5 or any imports! :xconfused:

RH-Keith

Anyone know who will insure the DC5 as a new customer as my existing insurer, AXA, wont unless im over 30!

I have got no from the following so far...
st pauls travelers
AA
Alliance
Avivia
AXA
Britton
insure.ie
Quinn

Im 28 with 9 years NCB!

jay82

Advanced Member
RH-Keith said:
I finally got a quote with Alliance thru a brooker :)
what was your quote :?:
its a headache every year ringing around very stressfull like think i rang all them aswell and got no on everyone :lol:
but they quoted me on a m3, cilo v6,911 and a atom :xconfused:
i've my tegg over four years and the same ncb as you but i'm 27 :xmad:

RH-Keith

€940 on my own or €870 with the missus on it. If I get a DC5 ill put the missus on it but just wont tell her :green:

Most companies gave me a quote but it was for a Type S (160BHP). There must be alot of drivers out there insuring their Type R as Type S :^o

jay82

Advanced Member
RH-Keith said:
€940 on my own or €870 with the missus on it. If I get a DC5 ill put the missus on it but just wont tell her :green:

Most companies gave me a quote but it was for a Type S (160BHP). There must be alot of drivers out there insuring their Type R as Type S :^o
make sure she's the 2litre aswell mate

RH-Keith

Yup, she is indeed, but well pointed out, most companies said we only have that on the system as 1.8!!

I never had as much trouble with insurance since i tried to insure my ae111 20v BT. It was one of the first in the country and it wasnt on any system.

Im not looking forward also to getting a quote when im finished building my ae86 20v