Is my brake pads low?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Guys,

Erm I'm a bit pants when it comes to cars... give me a PC, and I will fix them till the cows come home!

Anyways... I've had my mintex 1144 for over a year and a bit now running with braided hose lines and uprated fluids on Paul G's discs... do the pads look low? I'm getting mot/serv done at TGM next month, so was gonna get a new set to change there and then if its low.

Don't really drive and brake hard, and not done any track days to date... thanks :D

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Having run the same setup for a while, they look fine to me. Just look for the difference between the pad material and the backing plate of the pad, as long as there are a couple of mm of material left, you're OK, when it gets to that level I would be looking to change them.

Might be worth whipping the wheels off or turning full lock to check the inside pads, just in case you have a sticking piston and they are much more worn. Inside pads do seem to wear a little quicker generally.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
you've got loads of meat left on those pads and the disks look untouched.

Do you actually drive the car?? :p

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Lol you guys! I gotta brake harder in Milton keynes between roundabout runs. I just drive normal but the stopping power I good as you get a lot of drivers here; and yes mainly women... Suddenly stop a roundabouts when there's no cars coming then wait till one passes then go. The amount of accidents I've seen.

Good to know I don't need pads, might get oil instead, wonder if TGM take oil price off servicing if you use your own oil?