Is the fuel pump incorporated in the filter

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

A little while I go I was discussing the fact my teg turns over too much before starting, Ive tried replacing the battery but its not made any difference so next option is the fuel filter, does anyone have a picture guide on how to do this and is the pump part of the filter or seperate as I may therefore end up having to replace the pump as well if seperate.

It basically turns over for a couple of seconds before starting like its not getting fuel, also I can smell quite a fuelly/exhaust smell when driving not sure if this is normal?

Thanks

Mark

Fez

Advanced Member
There is a how to on here somewhere, its really easy to do, took me about 15/20minutes.

Do you wait for the EML to go out before starting?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Might be worth checking for leaks around the fuel system in the engine bay too, could be injector related.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
thanks all, I shall fit and see if it makes any difference, bought one from Cox's Honda, if not will be the pump next. Yes wait for the eml to clear but still has a little hesistant start.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Hi Swanny, is the fuel rail retaining pressure once the car has been stopped and left a short amount of time?

Could possibly be the fuel pressure regulator passing line pressure back to the tank once the pump stops, it's also located on the in tank cradle which holds the pump and filter....

antech

I swapped out fuel filter/pump/sender unit in tank,as a matter of course,dc5 has done 107k on orignal filter