Is there a low fuel light indicator?

p1tse

Advanced Member
I was wandering if there is a low fuel light indicator ie when you're running out of fuel?

I don't tend to run it low, but was wandering for reference and if so how many litres is generally left in it?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Yup, but I used to just fill up after covering 270ish miles.
Thanks.
Unfortunately my short range driving compared to your usual % of motorway usage, I don't think I'll see 270 miles :(

Pre work commute I saw 100 miles in first quarter tank but soon dropped when stuck in commuter stop start traffic

p1tse

Advanced Member
In intrigued to see where the low light indicator is lol as just gone passed last quarter lol

Mark_teg

Staff member
Patch_teg said:
Thanks.
Unfortunately my short range driving compared to your usual % of motorway usage, I don't think I'll see 270 miles :(

Pre work commute I saw 100 miles in first quarter tank but soon dropped when stuck in commuter stop start traffic
The top half lasts longer than the bottom half, so you'll be surprised.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Just lend the car to my missus, guaranteed to come back with the fuel light on...
Funny that, when I borrow the wifes car the fuel light comes on grrrr!!!!!

dotty

Advanced Member
It also has a dial which twists to adjust the dash light brightness. Not a lot of people know that ;)

It's the odometer reset button, simply turn right to brighten.

Rom

Advanced Member
My record is about 40 miles with light on. Was when i was driving it home from purchase.
The fuel gauge caught me out, thought it had plenty, then started dropping rapidly.

They are quite sensitive too. And not exactly the best. But its not like i run mine that low a lot anyway.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Yup, but I used to just fill up after covering 270ish miles.
I can get 380-400 miles from a tank! And I commute 18 miles per day to work and back with mixed roads.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
my fuel light works when it wants! :( Some times it works with 1 dot above the red and other times it doesn't come on at all as I'm sad to say I've ran out before And the fuel light didn't come on,