Is this a reasonable quote for rear brake discs?

Kizer

Advanced Member
Got my MOT done last week and need to get the rear brake discs replaced. Just rang my local Honda Dealer and they quoted me £185 to supply and fit. Is this a reasonable price? Or should I shop around?

Stoo

Whining.....
The discs themselves are around £100 or so for the pair.
Its about 20minutes per side to change the disc...

£140-150 would be more reasonable.

Kizer

Advanced Member
Cheers mate, may buy the discs from Honda then get fitted from a local garage if I cant haggle Honda down

cwwoodley

That is a good price, as I bought Honda discs and pads for the rear and it came to £180 and then fitted myself, so to have them do it for that is ok

dave wilkinson

hi mate, sorry to hear the mot station has failed it on rear discs. can i ask why? i'm a mot tester myself and i'm pretty sure it sounds like your getting ripped off. that car should sail though its mot. don't come on here much any more hence the late reply to this post :blink: :xcheers:

Kizer

Advanced Member
Hey bud,

Apparently they were close to the limit, still got it passes but advisory to get changed. What is really strange is I took the car to my local Honda for a health check, they said I had need to change the pads soon, but discs were fine
:xconfused:

Think I need to find a decent mechanic locally to check them out and give me a proper answer. You found another motor yet?

dave wilkinson

lol sounds to me like both places are short on work and trying to charge you for parts you don't need. the rear pads were changed 6 months ago (red stuff) and the fronts roughly 5 months ago (yellow stuff). the only thing it may have been advised on was the rear tyres but i supplied you with some new ones. defo ask about for a decent garage mate :xcheers:
i found a car in the end it was a long search tho, currently running a m3 csl.

Kizer

Advanced Member
Cheers Pal :xcheers: I guessed as much, I need to clue myself up on dealing with these garages!!

CSl........Nice, must having some fun in that ;) , Im loving my DC5 :D

NeilH

why dont you type out, work for word, what the MOT tester/garage advised you on?