Is this car known to you guys?

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Looks suspicious on the MOT front being advertised at 50k miles, first MOT @36k in 07, last MOT 84k 2017.

Best case I'd say it's on around 70k miles if it wasn't converted prior to first MOT, if it was then the 84k will be correct.

I'd go have a look, see what condition it's in and how it drives, be very wary of rust to the underbody, especially if its not been looked after with regular undersealing.

I bought mine from ebay seller time5555 up in Newcastle, he has a fresh import in for £9,450, you'd probably be able to chip him down a bit but again be thorough in your inspection and make sure you give everything a good going over.......

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Also if you do buy a fresh import factor in money for a decent alarm/immobiliser and getting it properly undersealed with all the cavities injected and a good service as you won't be able to make head nor tail of the jap service history.

cameron1589

I went to have a look at this over 6 months ago, same place. At the time, there was no service history or import papers, the bodywork was generally tatty, the original airbox had been replaced by a cone filter placed behind the nearside brake air intake, which is where the windscreen washer bottle should be placed i think and they had cable tied a generic washer bottle to the side of the battery housing.

So i didn't bother test driving it, said thanks and left.

cameron1589

also the odometer read around 81000 i think, they were claiming it was still in KM, therefore has done 50,000 miles.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
I know this is a bit daft but I‘d never buy a car from a place called “cars r uz” 😂😂

Steve95

thanks guys, it does seem to good to be true! That's one of the things that's really concerning me, is knowing the "actual" mileage, but it's a real minefield! Went to look at one on Tuesday in Nottingham, mint body (recent respray) although the garage denied it, recently undersealed and the last three mot's showed advisories for rust underneath. Tatty everywhere else!
I will go and has a look, more experience in seeing what's what. I also noticed all the interior pictures do not show the drivers bolster, so i can guess what condition that's in 🤔.
Any common areas for rust i should know about? Any tips for spotting rust even after the underseal had been applied?
If anyone hears of a decent one for sale around the east midlands please let me know.
The search continues!
Thanks again for your help lads.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Just travel for the right car, the efforts required to put one right will far outweigh the distance you need to travel for a good car.

That Blue one has actually got rust on the passenger wing where it meets the side skirt if you zoom in on the photo, so probably a bit of a dog all round.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Steve95 said:
thanks guys, it does seem to good to be true! That's one of the things that's really concerning me, is knowing the "actual" mileage, but it's a real minefield! Went to look at one on Tuesday in Nottingham, unblemished body (recent respray) although the garage denied it, recently undersealed and the last three mot's showed advisories for rust underneath. Tatty everywhere else!
I will go and has a look, more experience in seeing what's what. I also noticed all the interior pictures do not show the drivers bolster, so i can guess what condition that's in 🤔.
Any common areas for rust i should know about? Any tips for spotting rust even after the underseal had been applied?
If anyone hears of a decent one for sale around the east midlands please let me know.
The search continues!
Mines for sale dude 😜

Cheaper than that blue one too 👍🏻

Mattz

Advanced Member
Based on the MOT history alone I would personally be having second thoughts.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mine may also be avail if it was of any interest, not advertised yet but got my eyes on something more track only focussed and don‘t want to ruin mine due to its condition.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Steve95 said:
Just had a look pal nice car, how much is the road tax?
£215 I think

I‘m not 100% to be honest it just comes out the bank when it‘s time 😂😂

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Steve95 said:
thanks guys, it does seem to good to be true! That's one of the things that's really concerning me, is knowing the "actual" mileage, but it's a real minefield! Went to look at one on Tuesday in Nottingham, unblemished body (recent respray) although the garage denied it, recently undersealed and the last three mot's showed advisories for rust underneath. Tatty everywhere else!
I will go and has a look, more experience in seeing what's what. I also noticed all the interior pictures do not show the drivers bolster, so i can guess what condition that's in .
The search continues!
I'm down at Milton Keynes :)

impne

Advanced Member
Or you could spend £12k on a 50000 mile one from torque gt only to find it pee‘d fuel all over the place and needed tons of work doing 😂 like mine 😩

Steve95

I could never buy a car let alone one worth dc5 money without driving it and spending at least an hour looking over it! Brave people!

impne

Advanced Member
With mine and the fuel it made me wonder if they left absolutely no fuel in it on purpose so I couldn‘t smell it, I‘ll give them the benefit of doubt 😐😬

T3LLIOTT

impne said:
With mine and the fuel it made me wonder if they left absolutely no fuel in it on purpose so I couldn‘t smell it, I‘ll give them the benefit of doubt
Sorry to de-rail the thread slightly, but did they offer to fix the problems for you? Generally speaking they sell with a warranty, so you should've been covered?

Also to check/confirm mileages on imported cars, some come with a BIMTA certificate to authenticate the mileage.