Is this just me...

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Right, as titled I'm not sure if this is just me but today I did a fair few miles, mostly motorway and I'm not sure why but I just didn't want to put my foot down or even go slightly over the limit.

I was getting overtaken by everything, even, wait for it... a chav'd up Nova (didn't even think any of those existed anymore).

It's clean, it looks fast, it goes fast but I didn't need to show anyone, I was well happy, just me and the better half steady eddie down the M6 (and Up)!

Anyone else sometimes feel the same when driving their Teg or have I just realised I'm a little odd?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
You're too old.

Ha only joking, I'm sometimes like that too, but most of the time I make full use of the limits

ladykb

Advanced Member
My DC5 is my daily driver and im going up and down the M25 and M4 all the time.... i dont go over 70 but thats because the traffic doesn't tend to let me. But i cruise in the middle lane at 70 and get overtaken by all sorts, they always look in the car as if to say why you driving so well behaved and then look in the car and assume its because im a woman and dont know how to drive her.....

Well i do im just not into racing around everywhere and with the price of petrol i drive a nice slow run most of the time, and let her rip at the weekend :wink:

integrad

I do that just after i have cleaned my car and just don't wont to break that speed where every bug just explodes on the car also tend to find it has a lot to do with what music your playing. :D/ or :xvtec:

larz

Advanced Member
DC5 is easy to drive normally... Nothing to prove with it... That's one of the things that struck me straight away... the power is on tap, you know the engine can handle it, but you save it up so that every time you do let loose the car continues to surprise you even though it's 10 years old... BTW i'm 26...

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I'm 26 and i like lots of v-tec but when my missus is driving she drives "sensibly" so there is a balance albeit she dont get to drive my car often.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Right, as titled I'm not sure if this is just me but today I did a fair few miles, mostly motorway and I'm not sure why but I just didn't want to put my foot down or even go slightly over the limit.

I was getting overtaken by everything, even, wait for it... a chav'd up Nova (didn't even think any of those existed anymore).

It's clean, it looks fast, it goes fast but I didn't need to show anyone, I was well happy, just me and the better half steady eddie down the M6 (and Up)!

Anyone else sometimes feel the same when driving their Teg or have I just realised I'm a little odd?

i know exactly what you mean i have only had my Teg for 2 weeks i feel it has calmed me down in a strange way. But i do enjoy a quick blast of vtec lol

Stoo

Whining.....
But i cruise in the middle lane at 70 and get overtaken by all sorts, they always look in the car as if to say why you driving so well behaved and then look in the car and assume its because im a woman and dont know how to drive her.....
No, they are looking at you funny as you are sat in the middle lane like the typical woman, regardless of what you drive! ;) :D :D :D

Marpol

Advanced Member
Mines my daily drive so I normally sit at 70 in the inside lane for my journey on 2 motorways to work (no need to rush into work!) Pretty much every car that passes me has a good look at the car!

On the way home however its a different matter! once shes up to temp i speed up and once im off the motorways she gets a good blast on the B roads home :D

ladykb

Advanced Member
No, they are looking at you funny as you are sat in the middle lane like the typical woman, regardless of what you drive! ;) :D :D :D
lol, well the M25 at rush hour the speed of the lanes is reversed, its the inside lane that moves faster than all the other!! :xlol: :xlol:

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Very good Stoo ha ha!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't nail it everywhere :)

eXceed

Resident Driver
There's always a trail of smoke and fire everywhere I go, lol I still manage to get 320 to 360 miles a tank! On motorways I tend to sit at 80-90, I get loooks but only because it's soo loud lol

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
On my last long distance trip to edinburgh i didn't go over 60 and i had my GF in the car and we were just chatting and cruising along, it was nice :xyes: