Is this ok to drive???

Ezza

Advanced Member
One of the plastic clips beside my windscreen has come off :xmad: Where autoglass previously removed my windscreen, they snapped the clips the plastic sill only just managed to stay on. But whilst driving today with the gale force winds, the whole plastic sill come off so i will have to order a new one on monday. However, is it ok to drive without this bit in place??

I was worried that if i drive this around this weekend with that exposed, it might affect the glue on the windscreen of anything else?

alfa27

Advanced Member
a windscreen company done the same to mine aswwell :xmad:

they put some black tape on it while they ordered the rails

drove for a week like this but they done it all again so im not sure if it affects the glue to be honest

id say that glue should be waterproof anyway but im open to correction on that

rails were hard to get also

Ezza

Advanced Member
I plan to give Dave at Steels a call on monday, can you remember how much they cost?

alfa27

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
I plan to give Dave at Steels a call on monday, can you remember how much they cost?
windscreen company paid, he tried to claim i broke them :xrealangry:

so ive no idea of the cost,sorry

KierAn20

Autoglass did exactly the same thing to mine - both sides! I didnt realise until 5 weeks after they had done the job though, so a claim is impossible :(

The thing that annoys me, is that the fitter clearly knew he had broken all the securing clips because he had used some sort of sticky sealant to try and anchor down the top and bottom of the plastic rails :xmad:

If you guys have any joy with part numbers or prices, please post them here as Im not sure how long it's gonna be before either one or both of mine make a bid for freedom!

I'd certainly advise anybody who has their windscreen replaced by autoglass or similar in the future, to check the rails thoroughly before signing the job completion sheet to state that they are satisfied with the job :!:

wantadc5

Advanced Member
well autoglass broke mine, and ordered two new ones, and replaced them in a week, so i am really chuffed!

Jack01

hey ezza

im a windscreen fitter myself,

it wont affect the glue as it goes hard after 24 hours so no need 2 worry bout that and its waterproof so dont worry about it leaking unless its been bodged by autoglass , mobile windscreens or any of these national companys as we have corrected alot of the crap work they have done

so dont worry about it leaking or nothin :D

and were they have bodged ur scuttle pannel i wouldnt use it in wet weather nd keep it garaged untill its repaired because underneath it u will have wires nd sum times e.c.u boxes under there and if the water gets 2 them mite mess them up and mite go into ur air intake for ur air conditioning and will end up wiv puddles in the foot wells :( so best 2 keep it garaged or covered up till its allsorted out

hope its helped u out mate :D

jack