is this to good to be true? 2004 facelift? £9250

rodney

Advanced Member
:-k

It has bad driver bolster wear.

It has soiled stains on passenger seat.

It has an intergrated fog light.

It has high miles.

What's it got going for it? It's a facelift, even this is subjective as many folk prefer pre facelift.

IMO I would be avoiding that example from a relitivly unknown trader and buy privately.

The HPI issue can be resolved by emailing them.

HTH

Mark_teg

Staff member
:lol:

Thats not high miles, higher than normal for these cars yes. But car is 6.5yrs old x 10k/12k for average car :idea:

Seat looks like its been hoovered IMO, not stained, hard to tell in a photo..

Go have a look. I spy an aftermarket exhaust, Prospec? :-k

rodney

Advanced Member
High-er than one would normally deem a FL to be, is that better :p . Not technically a high milage car, no.

For me, I'd rather invest elsewhere but that's me. As Mark says, need to take a look really.

chrisk1700

i dont consider that high miles, and at the end of the day its a honda? so what? ;)

im soon to be inb the market for a teg but its going to be quite specific, and i think im going to struggle,

NHB/ milano red only, facelift, push start, c pack etc. black recaros. prefably with exhaust/intake mods

heres to hoping! :xcheers:

rodney

Advanced Member
It's still near as dam it 10k for a near 70k car. I'm the first to point out that it's nothing for a Honda. Merely giving you an opinion other than " yes that looks really good, go for it"

I'll leave my opinion to myself obviously :arrow:

Stuart_M

Dont see it as too good to be true really,id say its no more than realistic for a 7 year old teg with that mileage, the fact is facelifts are not 'that' desireable,think the amount not selling on here and pistonheads etc kind of backs this up, id say a late 04/54 pre would sell far easier than the newer ones and maybe command a bit higher price now;, if I was going for a facelift would consider blacktegs mint 05 on the private sales on here with half the mileage to be a better buy,especially since your after a zorst and black seats? Only my humble opinion of course

Grov

Banned
Bolster wear doesn't look bad to me, seen worse, it's not got holes in.....can be replaced anyways.

Fog light? Plenty have them, not ideal, but not the end of the world.......

70k is not high miles, not by any stretch. So id say it has a lot going for it if it's only a 04 plate.

And Rodney since when did 9250 become 10k? With some barter and cash in hand, might well take 9k, thats £1000 less. :)

Gpack

If im been honest mate i would take a good look around
Ask if the car has an auction report, the photographs are not the best and black cars are very good at hiding scuff and scratches.HPI can be carried out but will only give you indication of what the car has been involved in whilst its been in the UK.

I noticed the gear knob wasn't standard, the interior looks clean and as someone else mentioned looked to be hoovered, bolster is shiny but that only indicates that its been used hence the mileage.

I wouldn't worry about the mileage, the engine should be nicely run at this stage
Fog light location is not ideal but liveable if you have your heart set on the car

I think for that sort of money you have a good selection of DC5's to choose from.

Happy Hunting :xcheers:

kingston

Advanced Member
Auction sheets are only helpful if the cars been freshly imported and not in-country for a set amount of time and wouldnt suggest the life it had in Japan

It was very rare for an OEM gear knob to come with the car as many got nicked in transit (or before or at some point)

Bolster 'wear' is in keeping with its mileage (those that dont drive their teg and are weekend warriors wouldnt know this)

HPI can be done by yourself if required though if its within a reasonable driving distance, why dont you go and have a look?

Gpack

The auction report would tell you the grade of car your looking at buying when it was imported true ! But it would also tell you if it's been damaged whilst in Japan it also stops people who are unsure of what to look for in an imported car been scammed out of hard earned money

HPI will give you what you need to know in the UK

kingston

Advanced Member
No, my understanding is that the auction sheet will tell you of the condition of the car at time of going to auction and not its history :xconfused:

HPI will only tell you what the owners what it tell you, i.e. theres numerous cars out there that have been crash repaired and kept off of the insurance radar - no mines not one of them as when i crash i crash big time :xyes:

Grov

Banned
kingston said:
HPI will only tell you what the owners what it tell you, i.e. theres numerous cars out there that have been crash repaired and kept off of the insurance radar - no mines not one of them as when i crash i crash big time :xyes:
Exactly, ive never understood why people think a HPI check means the car is 100% clean. An owner could of easily repaired it himself without going through the insurance, nobody would be the wiser.