Issue when pulling away in 1st gear (video attached)

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

So I recently had new clutch, flywheel, final drive and longer 6th fitted. After going easy for a week or so, I noticed that there was a stall around 4k revs when pulling away in 1st. It's as if there's a delay and then suddenly the powers available.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3GFWPLTH8

I'm not sure what's causing this, but it can't just be a coincidence surely? Must be related to the work that was recently done? It's odd as it only happens in 1st gear as shown in the video.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Another thought is an issue with the map? As the limiter's set at 4k at standstill, unless you hold the brake pedal?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yep sounds like kpro launch control. Video removed though so hard to gauge.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Yep sounds like kpro launch control. Video removed though so hard to gauge.

And yup it's been mapped for a while now with the launch control. But it would only be active from a complete standstill.

Now, it seems like it kicks in from a slight roll as shown in the vid. Baring in mind this has only started happening after getting the new clutch etc. put in.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Looks like the speedo has a fraction of a second delay in moving. This could be kpro thinking it's at standstill and limiting revs.

Is your speedo converter at gearbox end by chance? Could have been knocked.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Im also pretty sure its the launch control.
You changed the final drive... now the values in the ecu (speed / rpm) didnt match anymore. I bet that itll pull fine when you disable the LC ;)

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
sure, you can do it by yourself, just hook up the USB Cable to a Notebook (Typically a Printer-USB Cable), download latest k-Manager https://www.hondata.com/kmanager . Under "Rev Limiter" there is the checkbox "enable Launch Control". Just uncheck it and click the Arrow in the Toolbar "Upload changes to ECU".

Done :)

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Actually you could try to lower the speed in the LC tab. Try lower 1-2 mph. You may want to test both values for the best LC-Start

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Last post :xaiweb5:
If you put the correct final gear in the kpro under "Gear Comp", it may also work and your speedo may show the right speed.

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Thanks for the advice! Although I am a little apprehensive about making changes myself..I may just pop to TDI just to re-assure it's running as should.

And I went for the Spoon 5.3 FD with longer 6th gear :)

Liam

Advanced Member
Let us know how it goes - I'm going for a 5.3 and don't want the same issue. :xaiweb5: