It is time.....

Erm

Advanced Member
Ok i'm organising my install at the moment, got a question tho.....anyone know what the maximum mounting depth for the front and rear speakers are???

Gonna be going for DVD changer flip out screen/Sony MEX-1HD headunits, Infinity kappa fronts and rears, infinity kappa boxed sub and run all them off a couple of amps :wink:

shud be good if the speakers i want will fit.....so mounting depth pleaseeeeee anyone :D

T666YPR

My install is booked in for tomorrow.Will try and get the lowdown on sizes.The lads from Airlinx(http://www.letsbuycaraudio.com/supply lots of stuff for M**Power :oops: )go through all the speakers off the shelf 'til they get the best fit,without any cutting I might add.Got Pioneer Avic900HVT sat nav system going in. :D

Erm

Advanced Member
nice :D so can you get them to check what the max mounting depth for fronts and rears please :)

T666YPR

Righto!Install complete(nearly)
Took 'til Saturday afternoon to finish install after trying all different sizes/spacers and pods for the front speakers.My car came (as requested) with no ice from the factory,little did I know the factory decided not to fit any standard speakers whatsoever;no fronts rears or tweeters.Fair play as they would've all come out anyway.Bad news is the fronts will only take tiddly speakers without cutting,so...First time ever I allowed them to keep some metal souveneirs of one of my cars.I took a load of photos of the front install but need some advice to post them.It will be easier to explain all after I do this.
Anyway,in rear,managed to get 6.5" Infinity Kappa's with no alteration to the car at all.Just snip three nodes off the speaker mounts so the other three make a triangle and they slip right in.
Same speakers fit in the fronts,mounted to the door frame, after snipping a 10mm crescent of metal on left and right sides of standard hole.
Mounting depth from front lip to the bar that runs behind door panel(which wiil be shown in pics later) is 85mm.Distance across hole before cut is approx (pic got deleted :evil: ) 100mm and 120mm after.
I didn't take any pics of rears but suffice to say 6.5" no problem :D
Head units:pioneer AVH-P6500DVD (50w x 4) 6.5" screen
AVIC-800DVD (voice nav)
These were mounted to the cars frame and not in mounting sleeves/frames.However,can't get the decorative frames on when both units are in situ so am going to make one out of rubber or carbon fibre to make it all look neat.
The above will all make sense once I can get the piccys up. :D
Simon
p.s. tweeters later :)

NZITR

Advanced Member
Looks good!

I just went to imagestation and did a search on your username and found you and your pics.

Can you post a pic of the rears or advise what exact model they were please.

Cheers,

David

T666YPR

With a little help(thanks Phil)
Door Panel Off

Depth

1cm Crescent Shaped Cut (1 of 2 sides cut)

Width After Cut

6.5" Infinity Kappa In Door

Sorry no pictures of fitting rear but will post some pictures of in situ later
Apparently rears fitted in with room to spare(Same make & size as fronts)
Erm I hope these help with the depth of the fronts
Will post other pics in seperate thread;sorry about hi-jack :oops:
(pics will stay on for 3 months will repost if necessary)

Erm

Advanced Member
yep thats perfect mate......

think they the same speakers that i'm gettin :roll: :lol: