ITG Maxogen replacement filter?!

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I Was doing some routine maintenance today and decided to clean the air filter as I havnt done it for a while. Upon removing the filter housing under the strut brace, I then proceeded to dismantle the housing to remove the filter... well...not only did the filter come out... but it fell to pieces and crumbled away!

It looked as though the filter was originally glued onto the pipe and looks to be one unit (filter and pipe). I originally thought I could just change the filter for a common foam filter but I‘m not sure if I need to buy a replacement filter from ITG or a complete new system? Surely it can‘t be the latter?!

Does anyone here have any experience with the ITG mazogen intakes and what replacement filter I could use?

Cheers,
Carl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
Check out Merlin Motorsport or Demon Tweeks, as these usually have replacement filters for this sort of intake.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Check out Merlin Motorsport or Demon Tweeks, as these usually have replacement filters for this sort of intake.
Hi Chewy,

I spoke to ITG directly and they said the same although they did quote me £112 delivered for a replacement filter with aluminium tubing for a direct replacement.

Not sure if that is expensive for a replacement aftermarket filter but I guess its the only option I have!

Cheers,
Carl.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
If you‘re handy you could possibly adapt the aluminium section of the ITG to accept a standard K&N cone filter of the correct diameter and length, something you‘ll be able to ascertain from the old foam section.

Something I thought about before I changed my maxogen out as I wanted more noise....

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
If you‘re handy you could possibly adapt the aluminium section of the ITG to accept a standard K&N cone filter of the correct diameter and length, something you‘ll be able to ascertain from the old foam section.

Something I thought about before I changed my maxogen out as I wanted more noise....
GIBLETS said:
Would be a cheaper option too.....
Hi Giblets, cheers for the comment and recommendation. For piece of mind and for continuity I decided to purchase a replacement filter and tubing as they're already bonded together.

However, ITG don't supply the aluminium tubing anymore - its now black plastic. I've changed the filter over now and it have already been pre-oiled etc so its all good. Did cost a small fortune though which was annoying... nevermind!