ITG Maxogen

T666YPR

The airflow could be improved wth better hosing too.

I'll wait until I see a plot on a dyno I have a comparison with.

Not knocking the results,as some of mine have seemed amazing (good & bad) when dynoing. :)

andyd

Advanced Member
ouloupi said:
the itg claims 7bhp.has anyone dynoed it?

i very much dough that is correct. I can't really see any more then 5Bhp from a airfilter.

Andy

dobber

Advanced Member
andyd said:
ouloupi said:
the itg claims 7bhp.has anyone dynoed it?

i very much dough that is correct. I can't really see any more then 5Bhp from a airfilter.

Andy
Then why buy a GruppeM if your only going to get 5bhp extra? You wouldnt notice it.

Paul-CTR

There was a much bigger discrepancy with regard to the torque figures but thanks to some ppl we may never get to find out.

dobber

Advanced Member
Paul-CTR said:
There was a much bigger discrepancy with regard to the torque figures but thanks to some ppl we may never get to find out.
Lets hear the storey then, you know you want to tell :wink: :lol:

andyd

Advanced Member
dobber said:
Paul-CTR said:
Lets hear the storey then, you know you want to tell :wink: :lol:
come on full story!!

Andy

Wootty

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
Just check out the civic forum the full story is on there !
Yeah - i read through that but it did not explain the discrepencies or what Paul was alluding to. It starts to get juicy then gets pulled. Shame for Paul as it takes a lot of organising to get sorted.

I think it was one of those - you had to be there - moments - more what was said rather than what was written.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I dont want to kick this off on here aswell but Kent (Mr Zippo) is one of my mates and he has been treated pretty badly seen as he drove from Cardif to Birmingham just to let them use his car.

dan the man

Advanced Member
well ill kick it off then :!:

as will be paying 300 notes+ and whats the reviews on it?
or have i not searched enough or what... :oops:

:arrow:

Evs

Advanced Member
Just have a look at the link on the first page, which leads to a couple of other threads on the CTR forum... :idea:

In summary it appears that the initial results from a RR session were fantastic, but a wider comparison against GruppeM/AEM etc proved less so. Conclusion was that it's still an excellent kit and very good vfm, but maybe not the outright 'best at everything' proposition it looked like at first.

This is only my summary of what is quite a long saga, I'm just trying to summarise what's been said to save people a lot of reading, and not re-start (or get involved with) any of the arguments. Please correct me if I've mis-represented anything!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Thats good enough for me, people on CTR always end up mincing about 1 or 2 BHP..if its still got gains its still got gains..

and compared to the GRUPPE M for the money im happy with what it seems to do then.
Ill let you know once its on the car..

thanks dan 8)