It's finally been painted

Future

Advanced Member
Well guys, its been 4 long weeks, but today was finally the day I got my DC5 back from JRM Coachworks and although slightly later than planned, I am really really over the moon with the job they have done. Although the red H badges for the wheels didnt turn up on time and will be fitted next week when I get back from the Lake District. And I also need a set of black wheel nuts.

I hope you enjoy and like it as much as me.

Please forgive the potato quality pics, I'll get some decent ones up soon.

So the colour is Canna di Fucile, fancy Maserati speak for gun metal grey, and the wheels satin black. Also fitted clear side repeaters, jazz washer jets, number plate relocator as well as all badges front and rear and side decals.

Thanks for looking guys. All comments and criticism welcome as always.

Next will be the wheel nuts, tein springs and camber arms and bolts, plus frsu.

Rom

Advanced Member
Does look nice mate. Cant beat a freshly painted car.

How far did they go with the colour change ? Shuts ? Bay ?

Future

Advanced Member
Ezza you are correct haha. I disregarded greys to start with and the more I looked into it the more it started to appeal to me, so a big thank you to you!!

Coolerking, again totally right. The sample cards Rocco done for me didn't show up how metallic the colour is (neither do my pics) so when it rolled out of the bay I was amazed to say the least. At that point I didn't care it was a week late.

I am based In Edinburgh mate, so might be up for a local meet some night to show it off in the flesh.

To everyone else thanks for the kind comments, still a few wee bits needing sorted on it as mentioned above, but they will be done in time.

It's only taken me 6 years to get it to this stage haha. Everything else is still bog standard.

Future

Advanced Member
Rom I haven't found a white bit yet, although haven't been in the bay yet. All door shuts and boot shut are completely coloured. They said they would leave the suspension mounts in the bay white as it might look worse if they tried to cover as much as they could see, so they left it. As far as I'm aware everything else is so far perfect. I'm actually embarrassed I haven't been in the engine bay now that I think of it lol.

dave7368

Advanced Member
looks good, as said before is nice to see something different, but those wheels do it no favours at all..

Brophy

Advanced Member
Wow lol fantastic mate , so nice see something different and goes so well

Should pop along to the Glasgow meet having in June ;)

Phoenix honda in linwood June 15th.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Absolutely LOVE that colour..suits the Teg really well.The only slight criticism I would say is that the wheels look a bit "lost" on the car...maybe a slightly more bold colour for the wheels would be better xthumbup

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Love the colour pal. I'm about 50 miles south of Edinburgh, need to come and see this some time.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I really like this, it's a beautiful colour really suits the car too.

Just needs lowering now!

Future

Advanced Member
Cheers for all the comments guys. I know the wheels look a bit lost at the moment, but I think getting the Honda logos on them will break up the mass of black.

My main concern was too many colours. With the rear windows being blacked out I think the wheels suit the look I was aiming for. The guys at JRM were asking about turning the calipers green, which I would have gone for if it wasn't for the red type r and Honda badges, that would have looked a bit like a Christmas tree lol.

Hopefully next week I will get the progress pics from JRM and get them up on the site.

Now for a nice weekend in the Lake District with the car.....I mean wife haha!!