I've moved on :O, DC5 to E46 m3

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
apparently drifting these ruins the diff.... just a heads up in case you wanna be getting even larger servicing bills

RunsWithScissors

Just bought one myself. Awesome cars. A DC5 is pretty easy to drive fast in comparison, trying to master an M3 is a whole different ball game. They are a beast in a straight line though, a definite step up from the 5. However you get driver involvement with a DC5 at any speed you always feel like you are having fun. To feel the same involvement with an M3 you need to be doing single figure MPG's! When you do though they definitely light your hair on fire!

Anyone thinking of buying one should get a manual though to avoid SMG issues. Although I am led to believe SMG II cars are more reliable.

It's a 45k car, prices may have dropped but servicing costs remain. Get one with inspection 2 recently completed.

Subframes are supposed to be a problem reading the Internet but it's the same as anything, people don't come on forums to say how great they car is. They only come online to complain when it breaks and figure out how to fix it.

I'm yet to find a negative thread from an E46 M3 owner, regardless of what their car has cost them. So far so good with mine. It's a beaut.

Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
All E46s are SMGll, but I swayed towards a manual for the same reason. Almost bought an SMG version though as the manuals sell like hot cakes!
I use mine mostly to visit my other half and it makes the 100mile round trip a pleasure :)
I agree, not as involving as the Teg but it's a totally different animal.

p1tse

Advanced Member
RunsWithScissors said:
I'm yet to find a negative thread from an E46 M3 owner, regardless of what their car has cost them. So far so good with mine. It's a beaut.

Do it.

Congratulations. Pictures? These have grown on me lots, even having tried a smg version

I've yet to hear negatives regardless of costs too after speaking to several owners in the past

p1tse

Advanced Member
Is that known as Laguna seca blue exterior and interior?
Got to be honest not a fan of the blue interior, but love the convertible with hard top look

RunsWithScissors

Same mate. I'm not hugely into the interior - but it matches so it will do :)

Yeah it's LSB with blue nappa leather.