I've moved to Sainsburys.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Due to the recent economic downturn and uncertain future regarding me investments and I,m a Yorkshire man, I've gone for Sainsburys car insurance. I've got the Premier cover for £311, a rather large saving from my previous premium.

I initially got a quote using Quidco and could have had £50 cash back, but i panicked and called Sainsburys to give them all the details re Import car, alloy wheels and that i had previous cover with More Than cancelled because I fitted an after market back box, before informing them. After speaking to someone called David i was informed that there was no problem regarding the Teg and the cover from them.

Because of my contact by phone it knocked me Quidco quote off and I could'nt get it back so I lost out on the £50. Never mind, I'm a Yorkshire man but not a greedy man :xaiweb4: . I'm well satisfied with what I've saved.

The only painful bit is that I have to send original engineers docs in respect of the car alarm and proof of no claims. I don't know what the hell I'd have done if I'd fitted that alarm meself.

I'm waiting for the paper work to arrive from them. If there's any hickups I'll report back.

Regards. Granty.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Did you try sky/greenlight Granty?
Hi.

Been with Sky a few years but the premium went up each year despite never having had a claim. I understand the insurance companies thinking regarding new business but why I wonder can't loyal customers have a slice of some of the offers.

I don't like changing anything, In the past I've usually stuck with people I'm familiar with.

Regards. Granty

Mark_teg

Staff member
Sounds great Granty, another company to add to the list to try come renewal time.
Thanks for sharing :)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Did you tell them about the new ramps your having fitted so you can put your mobility scooter in the boot? xrofl

d2007ave

Advanced Member
With the number of dc5's owners jumping ship to sainsburys they might soon be forum members themselves and giving us advice on,,, errrr groceries :)

Granty1056

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Did you tell them about the new ramps your having fitted so you can put your mobility scooter in the boot? xrofl
Abuse score is now 4 3 to you. I might be old but I'm not a quitter. I'm working on a reply. It may be a while but I'll get there. :xtsk:

jambo

Advanced Member
Took mine with sainsbury s as well. Was a big saving. All you have to do regarding you alarm is photo copy it. Doesn't need to be the original as long as it states the car it was fitted to. I sent a copy of the receipt as well for extra proof. Don't send the original as you may not get it back.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
jambo said:
Took mine with sainsbury s as well. Was a big saving. All you have to do regarding you alarm is photo copy it. Doesn't need to be the original as long as it states the car it was fitted to. I sent a copy of the receipt as well for extra proof. Don't send the original as you may not get it back.
Hi.

Thanks for that info. The girl who I finally spoke to and paid the premium asked for originals even after I questioned it and suggested copies. I'll be sending photo copies and see if they react to it. Now that I know someone who sent copies, I can use that info.

Regards and thanks. Granty.

jambo

Advanced Member
I sent copies then got a letter back saying they was happy they had received satisfactory evidence that a alarm system had been fitted to the above vehicle so it should be fine. When you details turn up they will send a per paid envelope for you to send them details off to them along with your proof of no claims if needed. Hope this helps

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Do Sainsburys do multicar policies? as i might look into them when my renewal comes round in July for the S2 and DC5.

hoova78

My discovery seems to have saved a few forum members hundreds! I should be on commission. ...anyone want to buy me an exhaust system????

sky insurance

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Why not Ollie?
The prices are far too cheap. As soon as they have a claim or two, or a human being looks at why they've suddenly taken on a load of 'sporty Hondas' , they'll either stop offering cover or the price will go up. We see it time and time again. Agreed, great for you if you are just motivated by price and not so worried about cover but some will use these cheap prices to bash their own insurers, who most likely are correct on price

blueguy

Resident J's whore
One thing you should be aware of is who your insurance is actually with. Some will cover your mods like for like. Others will just allow you to insure your car with the mods but won't match your mods should something unfortunate happen.
Obviously if your car is standard then the above doesn't apply.

Someone tell me if I'm talking rubbish here.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi. Ive renewed with Sainsbury's again. Its gone up a fiver. Now £238.50.
Sorry missed a bit off. For anyone who has worries about the cover. So was I two years ago. I called them and asked all the right questions. I timed and dated the enquiry and who I was speaking to. To be honest I could'nt fault the cover.

I've declared the non standard alloys, mobility scooter and ramps LOL. As suggested by a bloke in earlier post. He used to be a friend.

Regards.