I've moved to Sainsburys.

donzooo

Advanced Member
£265 is great.

Sainsbury's quoted me £100 cheaper than everywhere else so will be going with them in March when I renew. £400 at 25yo, 7 years NCB

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I logged back into my Compare the Market account this morning to retrieve the quote.

When I enter my reg is lists the car as a 2002 Honda Accord Es Coupe, 1997CC Petrol, 2DR, Manual which is clearly wrong so it does appear you won't be able to insure it through this method unless you contact the insurer direct for a quote.

You do have the option of entering it as Integra but it only lists the DC2 not the DC5.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi all,

I logged back into my Compare the Market account this morning to retrieve the quote.

When I enter my reg is lists the car as a 2002 Honda Accord Es Coupe, 1997CC Petrol, 2DR, Manual which is clearly wrong so it does appear you won't be able to insure it through this method unless you contact the insurer direct for a quote.

You do have the option of entering it as Integra but it only lists the DC2 not the DC5.
The dc5 will show up on Sainsbury's site ;)

T.G.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Hmm I just tried Sainsburys and for some reason when I entered my reg it came up as a 1,8litre integra. Also their quote was double what I currently pay with Greenlight lol and I have 5 years no claims no convictions etc.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
I'm with Sainsburys for my second year with my coilovers covered at no extra charge.
I 100% confirmed with them 2 years ago my car is an import from Japan and 2.0 Integra DC5 Type R. They cover them.

So happy with them best prices :)

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Hmm guess it's that time of year for me to look around also :)

Greenlight was £480 last year - renewal £456... hmm

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
RE Spirit said:
Hmm guess it's that time of year for me to look around also :)

Greenlight was £480 last year - renewal £456... hmm
Dont forget you paid extra to increase the miles mid policy taking your annual premium to £513 so this year its dropped by over 10%....Not bad bearing in mind most companies increase your price every year.

Especially bearing in mind you can add mods free of charge throughout the year and get optional track day cover.

Cheers
neil

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi Neil,

I know your response isn't aimed at me but surely you can appreciate the massive difference in prices between what your company is offering in comparison to the likes of Sainsbury's.

You can't justify the fact that it's dropped by 10% for the above customer or whatever else because in real terms that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

At the end of the day you are charging a hell of a lot more than what Sainsbury's and other companies are offering even if you do provide little extras. In the grand scheme of things they're completely irrelevant.

We're in an economy now where money is tight and it's a struggle for a lot of people. Unless you're willing to substantially cut your prices you're going to keep losing customers, it's as simple as that.