Jackson Racing kit.

George657

Advanced Member
Just looking at my options as I'm probably going to remove the Teg from sale and keep her.

Was considering doing a winter project and maybe Turbo'ing it instead of leaving the charger on and going down the route of charge cooling ect.

What sort of money is the charger setup worth? Minus the ecu as I'll be looking to keep that.

Charger
Inlet
Belt
Pulley
Merc bracket
Injectors

Thanks.

2ndy

Advanced Member
When would you be looking to sell? Was going to buy CT engineering kit but could be interested in this

discodave22

Advanced Member
Depends on condition, bought from new or not? mileage. If its a direct bolt on with no other parts required mate.

George657

Advanced Member
Whenever the right offer comes along.

Chargers still in good condition, I'm sure Indi will back me up the way the car performed at Nurburgring.

discodave22

Advanced Member
Should get close to the £2500 mark then, why the change of heart for turbo? How much power you wanting go?

George657

Advanced Member
I was thinking along the lines of that price. However I have a cutom solid fabrications 3" exhaust system that will be no use to me either so in that case it will be everything for the conversion, my car made 284whp with this setup and a dyno printout to prove.

Coming from a 420bhp Mk2 focus RS I always thought the car lacked a little punch (understandable being a Honda and what not)

The supercharger is the perfect setup of you want something that's silly fast on track, quick acceleration and maximum traction.

But I'm after something a little more wild and harder to control.

I'm not after silly power. But who noes, I may even keep the charger if I don't get a good enough offer!

Thanks for your help though Dave :)

discodave22

Advanced Member
Yeah should see no reason why you wouldn't get your price cause they don't cost much to rebuild either!

Yeah I see your point, the torque in the 2.5 is silly, just the weight that kills them.

Yeah I'm happy with my jr for track, got mines chargecooled at 9 psi.

Turbo should do that mate. Id say 370 would be more than plenty for the teg, torque will up alot more over the supercharger.

George657

Advanced Member
I don't think you can get a better car for track use with a supercharged DC5. The linear power delivery and the chassis really is special, especially being as an old car they are.

Iv had a couple people message me regarding the charger kit so will see what happens, if it sells it sells. If not it's no biggy. Car is still plenty fast.