jackson supercharger throttle problems.please help

viggen

Advanced Member
hello

Ive just brought an accord euro R with a superchanrger.I seem to be having a problem with the throttle.its become like a switch.its on or off.and is making the car very jery to drive.you can't hold a steady speed.when trying to hold it at a certain speed.and hold the throttle on very lightly.it backs off.then I add 1mm of throttle and the car takes off again.

I thought it was a lose throttle cable.so I tighten it up a bit.but its still doing it.it seem to be the first few mm of throttle pedal travel..

its seems to happen when im trying to be smooth with the throttle.if i put the pedal down 10mm straight away.it doesnt seem to happen

please can you help.its making the car very hard to drive.i drove it home 300 miles without this issue.

thanks

integraleo

Advanced Member
Tps? can't remember from looking the other day is it aftermarket tb? I've heard 70mm tb are very on off and jerky,hoping mine won't be when fitted and mapped

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
When my primary o2 sensor was completely fecked it behaved like that on partial throttle, was fine on full throttle.

viggen

Advanced Member
thanks chaps.im going to try and get kpro manager up and running this morning....but i looked on google.does sound like tps..
it drove home 300 without this problem

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I have a JRSC teg, and it helped by changing the TPS. Still hasn't fully cured it, but it's an improvement.

viggen

Advanced Member
thanks for your help.i sent tdi north a datalog.they said tps is broken,so you where alright..(hopefully)...got to love kpro manager

ordering another one today...

on ebay they seem to be £65 tegiwa imports,£40 or £20....
will a £20 one be as good as the others?

raz786

Advanced Member
I tried the Tegiwa one, it failed, haven't contacted them about a refund yet. Original second hand is a better option. It will need to be fine tuned most probably, I had romain at Eurospec do it for me.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
It can be set up through kpro easily, or with a voltmeter. Theres a guide on here somewhere.

The cheap ones will last about a day, can't comment on the tegiwa one.
I bought a KTuned one, basically oem replica just with a shiney case. I'd try get a good second hand one to be honest.

viggen

Advanced Member
thanks for all your help chaps...tps was broken...i still cant work out how to calibrate it in kpro.but at least she is now driveable..tps is nearly 2" thick.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I just had that. New tps all ok now. Although did here the aftermarket ones don't last all that long and do cause problems some times. So it may come back sooner than u hope. Heard of one dying after 1.5 miles . So be aware with after market ones.

Mark_teg

Staff member
neil_integra said:
I just had that. New tps all ok now. Although did here the aftermarket ones don't last all that long and do cause problems some times. So it may come back sooner than u hope. Heard of one dying after 1.5 miles . So be aware with after market ones.
You** ;)