JAKAN Honda by Truffs

truffs

Dont know if this is the correct thread to be placing this thread but hey here goes.....

Took the plunge and went to JAKAN over in Northamptonshire, took about 90 minutes from didcot (please note live in Didcot dont come from Didcot, got to clear that little matter up :D ) and boy am i glad i did. Originaly it was booked in for service and that was it, even though my original Honda dealer is only 14 miles away i thought why not because they were cheaper (cost always matters dont care what anyone says on that one 8) ) and being an ex F1 bod (Dan Turner) and his partner being ex BTCC and WRC mechanic they have to know what they are talking about (fingers crossed).

My fist little surprise occured on Wednesday last week when i recieved a call from Dan. As you all now i have had a few 'teething' problems with my car. He stated that he was going over to Thor Racing in Birmingham would i like to come along so he can have a look at the car and the Greddy E-manage system. Would I, to right and off i trundled. Met Dan and his soon to be very very quick DC2 and things started to happen that put a smile on my face (makes a change :lol: :!: ) The cars turbo is a work of art, my words not his :shock: his words were a little more mechanicaly minded and there was nothing wrong with the turbo, greddy e-manage system etc, phew. It was then taken out for a 'test drive', shant say what speeds we hit and in what gears but 'fast' takes a whole new meaning when you are passenger in your baby :shock: There were a few paeks and troughs in the boost gauge but nothing that couldn't be sorted with a few tweaks and experience. Got back, offered to pay and the reply was 'see you next Monday for the service!' He was with me for an hour! Boy did i go away smiling.
Car went in for service Monday, got a guided tour of the garage (if you can call it that, very smart :D ) Got to look at the working mechanism of the engine because it was given a total health check, cup of coffee and a read of the new Top Gear supercar mag, sweet, no DC5 though :cry: . Then came the brakes or should i say what brakes. They are very naughty people at Honda. They put abrasive pads on that cause faster wear and tear on the discs hence quicker replacement, crafty. Cant remember the new ones that were put on mine but cost me £100 fully fitted and are designed for fast road and track use, and i can tell you they are sweet, almost put myself through the windscreen when they bedded in! Then i noticed they had removed the discs and sanded them down level, cost to me £nil. Then came the little bit of bad news. The rumble on start up had come from a 30pence bolt coming loose and causing a slight gap between the turbo and exhaust manifold damaging the gaskett. Gaskett cost £30, fitted is alot of money due to the poistion. a tempory fix is in place but still a bit noisey on start up. All in all i was there for nearly 4 hours and the cost came to a smidgen under £300, not bad at all. i found Dan and his partner (cant remember his name sorry) extremley switched and well up to date with everything. The service was excellent, looked after well, the garage is very well looked after with some nice cars in there all in all i was very impressed. The story dosent stop there though..... Japanese performance phoned while i was there and thanks to Dan mentioning my car they want to do an article yippeeee, excited isnt the word, roll on the 8th December!!! That means they will have a had a supercharged one and then a Turbo, the scooby drivers will think a take over is coming!! Off to the rolling road on Saturday with Dan to get a few figures and how we can 'progress from here talk' :twisted:

Sorry about the length of this thread but i feel when someone does a service like this then they should be recognised as i have been 'shafted' so many times before. i throughly recommend giving him a go because if he cant help he certainly knows someone who does.

PS No i am not a personal friend of Dans, never knew him before i went there and im not getting paid for this before anyone asks :D :!:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Good Stuff...

I'm speaking to Dan about other stuff at the moment as well, wearing another clubs hat for that one....

As to JP, do you know who's going to be doing the feature ??

Would be good if it was the same feature writer that done mine and CPL's car.

Then we could see who's he prefers, ie super charger or turbo power, as our cars about the same on the power front currently.

I think we both know, that to go much more, a lot of engine internal work would be required.

Still you have the advantage of the intercooler for a while yet, just wish Jackson hurry up their progress in this area...

Mike

T666YPR

Didn't know you were down at Thor.

That's where I go.

Give us a shout if you're that way again :D

truffs

Simon, will be down there at 430pm!!!! On Sat, pop on down if you around it would be good to say hi :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Would I be welcome to pop along and watch as well ??

Thor's not a million miles away from me!

Cheers

Mike

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Spoken to Dan, I will be along, providing no issues getting the MOT done in the morning :wink:

3 in one place :shock:

What about next Sunday then :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mike

T666YPR

Was still a bit too hung over to come down :oops:

Hope U had a good 'un :D

Sorry I didn't make it!

Simon

T666YPR

MJ Type-R said:
Simon,

Was interesting comparing our power runs against yours :wink:

Enough said :lol:

Mike
Don't think I stand a chance up against a turbo and a supercharged DC5 :(

Remember the ecu is still standard too.

Please post the dynos though, 'cause it'll be good to compare :)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I'm sure both Dan's would be happy with that??

Dan from Jakan has all three plots

One thing for sure, I need to talk more with Dan at Jakan, my tiny mind is working overtime :shock:

Mike

truffs

told you he was a good lad at Jakan :D I will bring my Dyno test with me to the meet on Sunday as im still trying to post pics of my car and i cant even do that yet :!: . But lets say i was mighty surprised with the resuts . . . . . . for the better :shock: