HDD NAVI/TV,
carbon bonnet,
Spoon exhaust,
Coilovers suspension,
AM/tower bar,
front spoiler,
MOMO steering wheel,
SOLD 1.4m £7200 Japan Bid price
Agent fee Shipping duty to be added on this varies who you use to import the car.. my estimate around £9800

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
At £7200, with 10%duty and 20%vat to pay that makes it £9360.

Really cant see how shipping plus other fees to get car on the road come in at £440

beppe786

Beppe
CaLi said:

Really cant see how shipping plus other fees to get car on the road come in at £440
my estimate was just to UK port only..

mark type r

Advanced Member
Theres also servicing and MOT, undersealing, CAT1 alarm and Importers costs which is usually £750

Not sure if im missing anything?

beppe786

Beppe
above price was a rough estimate!

theres 2 ways some people want it imported

1st some want it collected from the port want to do everything them self.. they want it the cheapest way imported

2nd theres some who want everything done for them undersealed clocks changed to miles, v5 registered for them.. there price would be on the road.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
CaLi said:

After duty and vat, the total price would be £9505, and that's just hmrc getting involved in the raw auction price.

It gets worse, hmrc take the FOB (auction sold price, fee's, internal transportation etc) value plus shipping, add 10%, then vat on that total. The price tumbles in the wrong direction very quickly haha.

Why hmrc think they're entitled to charge duty and vat on things like exporter commission and internal transportation is beyond me!

Rom

Advanced Member
Alarms are only installed when requested. They aren't included in initial pricing.
And as far as I know. Servicing isn't included either.

Maybe if you are buying a stock car, that's already here. But certainly when I imported mine with Torque GT, personal import, it didn't included any of that.

beppe786

Beppe
service is a must i do that on every car soon as i get the car home.. oil filter and sparks bare minimum.. plus all cars 04 plus have immobiliser so alarm is optional..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mine was serviced at a Nissan dealership amongst others according to the service book that came from Japan.

beppe786

Beppe
Topgeezer said:
Don't the Japanese service their cars? or are they neglected.

T.G.
just good standard practice selling a car that is serviced regardless if its has been done before.. plus have peace of mind that it's been done with right grade for our UK climate..

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
beppe said:
just good standard practice selling a car that is serviced regardless if its has been done before.. plus have peace of mind that it's been done with right grade for our UK climate..
Yeah good for you doing a service when selling on fresh import mate, i was just wondering how good the Japs are keeping up with their servicing in general.
They do seem like a fastidious lot culture wise ;)
I know you and Andy@BHP-Imports do a service before sale not sure about TorqueGT but when i got the Teg from them the oil looked pretty clean, wasn't long before i did the oil/filter/plugs though as you say it's peace of mind :)

T.G.

mark type r

Advanced Member
Andy @ BHP will do service and MOT/SVA, undersealing in the OTR price.

The alarm is an addition but in the past i know on the older cars he has had to install one but i upgraded to a CAT 1 on my S15.
This was a year or so back though.

Im quite shocked that Torque dont service the car, seems strange an importer with such a good reputation doesn't do it as standard.
When ive bought all 3 of my cars from Andy, i know they're in top notch condition and i wont really need to do anything with them for a year.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
This one looks interesting

http://japautoauctions.com/aj-5FlZduUiEA1fZO.htm

Mugen Front Bumper
Mugen Bonnet (probably)
Aftermarket Side Skirts
Aftermarket vented wings
Aftermarket mirrors
Genuine BBS alloys
Cusco Roll Cage
Defi Gauges
Momo Steering wheel
Aftermarket exhaust.

Looks like some parts have been removed already though, rear tow hook and the dash has loads of fixing marks on it.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
They are Mugen prefacelift sideskirts. Also i think they are INGS vented wings. Yeah it looks like a mugen bonnet

p1tse

Advanced Member
Just picking up this thread and the post up the page got me thinking

Why don't many imports come with original documents, service history etc.?

I imagine it would be no different over there and they would follow a service regime with a stamped book, invoices etc.?