jap mag 0-60 times

benny

Advanced Member
reckons the dc2 is .01 sec quicker than the dc5
the old civic t-r is .3 secs quicker than the dc5?
are they on drugs or is our car really 0-62 in 6.7
i know 0-60 times dont mean anything and its just braggin rights down the pub but has anyone ever put a standard civic and a standard dc5 together and drove them in a straight line? what happened?
cos by my reckoning the dc5 is lighter has a better everything is 20 bhp more but accordin to donkeys at jap mag its slower??
so then whats going on?

paul671

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/fwd.asp

That site has better figures.

TBH though my last cars book figure was a good second quicker than my teg, but you couldn't realistically use that unless you had your own personal Mr Clutch (and a collection of diff mounts).

In gear times give you a better idea of a cars real world performance IMO of course.

clio_phil

paul671 said:
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/fwd.asp

That site has better figures.

TBH though my last cars book figure was a good second quicker than my teg, but you couldn't realistically use that unless you had your own personal Mr Clutch (and a collection of diff mounts).

In gear times give you a better idea of a cars real world performance IMO of course.
cracking site that, spent many an hour passing the time on there at work. not seen it for years

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
The facelift DC5 is slightly faster than the pre-facelift models. There is a different ECU and mappings.

keevster

Advanced Member
The DC2 could be possible quicker to 60mph, but i can assure you that the CTR aint, it aint quicker in any gear, tried and tested, and this was standard DC5, slightly modded CTR :lol:

As said, all pub talk 0-60s, ect, but being grown up about it, the DC5 is quicker than a standard DC2, and a standard CTR, the way A Mitsubishi EVO is quicker than a DC5. :lol:

Paul :wink:

benny

Advanced Member
keevster said:
The DC2 could be possible quicker to 60mph, but i can assure you that the CTR aint, it aint quicker in any gear, tried and tested, and this was standard DC5, slightly modded CTR :lol:

As said, all pub talk 0-60s, ect, but being grown up about it, the DC5 is quicker than a standard DC2, and a standard CTR, the way A Mitsubishi EVO is quicker than a DC5. :lol:

Paul :wink:
which evo? only form a standin start and thats cos of the 4wd? ive not had an evo pass me yet once rollin? :wink:

keevster

Advanced Member
EVO 6 and upwards, not the 260 model, but if it was not the 260 he wasn't trying, my mate has a 6, yes its quicker off the mark, but its also quicker than a standard DC5 when rolling, maybe not a huge amount in it, but in my experience they are the quicker machine. :wink:

liktup

Advanced Member
I could only see an early 96 spec JDM DC2 being quicker through slightly better power to weight, but the difference is very marginal :)

My old Dc2 definitly felt quicker to 60 but I think thats more down to the way the car drives (rattly and noisy compared to the DC5) rather than it actually being quicker :)

As everyone says I am sure there are far more important things to worry about :)

BUG4LIFE

In the new Japanese Performance mag [they putting the new Jap spec CTR up against a DC5 and UK CTR], they got the DC5 0-60 time as 7.1secs - that can't be even close is it? Aint anyone timed their DC5 on here?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'm really not bothered how quickly it does 0-60 to be honest. The car doesn't really start to get going until 90-100mph and that's when it really shines.

There's a calculation that can be done if anyone's got their 1/4 mile figures from Santa Pod which is accurate to within 0.2 seconds. You just need to input the 1/8 mile time and 1/8 mile trap speed to work out your 0-60 time.

phil r

Advanced Member
these cars are not 0-60 cars but 60 onwards different ball game which is reflected in the 60 -100 figures with kpro another level again , for a na 2 litre car I think that is a great bit of engineering ,
" who says power to weight ratio doesnt matter".
the bottom line is if you want a sprint car buy a evo or a pulsar, scoob , but they all come with a lot of bagadge & as we all know .