jap sat nav,dvd combo that comes in the teg

weggy

Advanced Member
can u get the dvd converted to multi region and is there any place to up date the memory to england on the sat nav or is it just a waste of time looking for this feature ?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I've heard a lot of people asking this but no one seems to know how to do it.
What can you play in this thing? I wouldnt mind a Japanese one if I can get it cheap :wink:

Breeze

Has anyone actually got the dvd to play anything? I am told it is a DVD ROM only (ie only used for the Nav DVD). I have tried multiregion DVDs in it and it doesn't work.

I am amazed just how many gadgets are part of it (on my import accord wagon not DC5) -
Email
Web surfing
Integrated phone
Calendar
Dictaphone
Fuel trip computer
PC card slot

Anyone got a smart card on their DC5?

Breeze

Have you guys tried sticking in the accord tourer sat nav dvd.

I have been researching the sat nav and it seems the accord tourer has a very similar sat nav to the jap ones. Also mine runs windows CE and I have to fit the Nav cd in the dvd player to install after disconnecting the battery overnight. Now imagine if the dvd itself has the scrip preferences on it and you can stick in the euro one and have it all work including the sat nav. The jap files sat nav files are .kwi format so that is a good starting point.

I am in NZ so I cannot get my hands on a dvd but you may find a honda dealer willing to give it a shot to see if it works.

luffy

Advanced Member
i have got my dvd player to play a dvd but i don't have the power lead for the screen

any1 know where i can get one of these ???

kingston

Advanced Member
From what i remember talking to him about it, it was a right bitch to do he said, you had to change something over for something else and then he had to wait for some part or something like that.

dan the man

Advanced Member
ahhh i remember.

he liked the look of the JDM unit but it didnt work.
So he found the similar unit in UK, took out the internals he needed and put them in the JAP unit..then it worked and yeah, it looked ace :!:

tw4t. :lol:

dan

ally_mac

Advanced Member
was reading an article in Japanese Performance the other day and a fella was askin if the sat nav on his import 350z wud work over here. The answer was 'NO', even insertin the UK disc wont work. He said tht the japanese r thinkin bout adding europe 2their sat nav but it will prob b in japanses so u wont understand it anyway

ticklemedaly

Honda needs to stop having standard and optional equipment available in Japan and other countries, and offer it optional everywhere. Hell, Id pay more for factory Navi/TV/DVD. Then again, they havn't even offered the Type-R over here since 2001.

Ry

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Ry, why pay extra for a factory satnav/dvd/tv when you guys have the Alpine IVA-W200? (we don't get it here in the UK!)

Also for UK bods - if you want a factory satnav system, the one in the new CRV is the same as the JDM Integra one, but in English if you buy it over here. I believe it lights up red too.