Japfest at Castle Combe 22nd May.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Damn .. just realised that is on the same weekend that I am going away for a friends wedding...

No can do..

Trung we will need to sort out a day when I can meet you to give you back your Suction mate... I am free on Monday (bank hol) or I think I am free all next weekend...

UW

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Trung...

Im there dude! Was at the action day there last Saturday. I got a mate to time a lap for me... 1m22secs (give or take) - that was with the missus in the car too.

I thought that all track time was booked for JapFest?

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
:evil: :evil: :evil: Why do they do these things on a Saturday? Don't they realise that some of us are ballsed up by having to entertain/look after everyone else when they go out on a Friday and Saturday night? Or are me and Simon the weird ones? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Trung

Advanced Member
scaryprowler said:
Trung...

Im there dude! Was at the action day there last Saturday. I got a mate to time a lap for me... 1m22secs (give or take) - that was with the missus in the car too.

Im not sure about breaking any records Im just there to enjoy myself and learn the lines. Depends how I feel though. :wink:

The online booking system still allows you to book tracktime and Claire (track organiser) has comfirmed to me over the phone that there are still some tracktime left.
Do you know what time are you're getting on the track?

Mark
Can we meet at Thurrock services at Bank holiday?

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
scaryprowler said:
Trung...

That is the reason why I would never take my car on one of these events. [-X

Recipe for disaster.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Type R - Matt said:
scaryprowler said:
Trung...

That is the reason why I would never take my car on one of these events. [-X

Recipe for disaster.
Matt... give me a break. You dont know me... and, evidently, you were not even at the venue.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Anyone else coming to Japfest at Combe this Saturday? Parking is bound to get fierce come mid-morning... get there as early as you can.

Perhaps we could get a 'un-official' stand together or if theres room - like last month - the Honda 'R' stand had a couple of free spaces they kindly let me park in.

Trung

Advanced Member
Mark
Are you going on the track?
If so, what time?
I've been put down for the first session of the day which is 9am, :(

Aaron (TegTypeR) with his invisible DC5. :wink: :lol: wil be there and so might Franz.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Trung said:
Mark
Are you going on the track?
If so, what time?
I've been put down for the first session of the day which is 9am, :(

Aaron (TegTypeR) with his invisible DC5. :wink: :lol: wil be there and so might Franz.
Trung,

When I enquired about tracktime earlier this month it was all booked :cry: ! I dont think that there's any spaces 'on-the-day' either - I might be wrong tho, fingers crossed!

I think Rob-DC2 is coming... and my bro in his EK9-R as well as the chap in the next village from me in his blue 'A La Maxpower' DC5... sorry Scott if you're reading mate :wink: !

Oh, and theres talk of a mini-meet/convoy from Thurrock --> South Mimms --> Reading's service station --> Castle Combe. This is something organised by the SIDC however (see their site for details).

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Gutted that I am going to miss that one... Hope the traffic isn't going to be to bad for you guys as that is also the same day of the FA cup final... M4 will be busy :!:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
scaryprowler said:
Matt... give me a break. You dont know me... and, evidently, you were not even at the venue.
Im not giving anyone a break, mention you're comment to one of the reputable track day organisors, and I guarentee you won't be going on track.

You're right about one thing I don't know you, and I wasnt at the venue, but why should that make a difference :?:

I do not want to be on track with anyone who has a point to prove, which you obviously have, I don't give a monkeys whether you do a 1m22 or 1m lap of combe.

I have seen enough nasty accidents on trackdays that are well run, to risk taking my car or any car on track with some one is is thinking more about times than driving safely within your own limits.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
OMG :shock: ! You've got it all so wrong.

But hey... my bad for posting the time... it's just that I know Trung personally; I should have PM'd him with that.

Mark

Trung

Advanced Member
Hi Mark
Sorry I didnt talk to you much, I had to grab the ES Motor mounts off my mate before he got lost and then I got sidetracked afterwards. :?

Anyway I didnt do too well on the track, found it very bumpy and worried about the limited run off areas such as Camp Corner and Quarry Corner but then again you can't expect to learn much from a 15 minute session. lol