Japfest Cleaning the Car

coolerking

Advanced Member
Hi Guys, Just wondering what people were going to do for washing their cars before Japfest?

Ive heard of people taking bottled water and buckets etc,

is the plan to wash them at emersons green, then use a Quick Detailer at Japfest???

just wondering what peoples plans are, hope all your prep work is going well

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Wish I was going :(

But megauirs do a waterless wash which will be ideal. I generally use a product called ONR for a proper waterless wash at shows.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Some people take buckets with cleaning stuff, fill up and clean it at the show. I would advise cleaning is beforehand though somewhere close by, hotel being ideal. Then detail on the stand as we will probably be quite closely packed and I doubt people will be happy if you start throwing water about with a sponge, lol.

I always just take lots of quick detailer and clean cloths.

If you do use a bucket and water on the stand, just be weary of the person next to you :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
There will be water available at japfest, there are standpipes all over the place, there is no hosepipe ban there either.

The forecast isn't great which means the roads getting there are likely to be grim, I would always plan to wash the car before leaving the house ( only live 25 mins away) and detail once arrived BUT due to the roads always take stuff to be able to wash the car there.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Depending on the weather i'll be washing as close to Saturday as possible and then taking some quick detailer and cloth when I get there. I'll probably take a bucket just in case as well.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
You saying you don't use a nice big yellow sponge G Man lol

I will have a bucket and cloths an bringing some water, quick detailed etc with me from awaaaaaaaaay up north and might do some work as required at the hotel quickly on arrival.

Gordon

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Wouldn't go that far.

I do use it to wipe the arches and clean my alloys before doing the bodywork with it.

Also got a scouring pad for the really tough parts.

Gordon

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
I always find waterless wash results in alot of filthy cloths and swirl marks :-(, i only tend to use it on my alloys as a last resort.

I think bottles of water and maybe a wash just before i enter the stand....and no vtec on route :-(

firthy22

Advanced Member
I'll only be bringing my wash mitt and towels and will be SPONGING cleaning gear of some kind hearted souls :xwavey:

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Im collecting 5l containers x 3 to fill up for coming down.

It's no much but will facilitate the need and refill at the hotel as required.

Gordon