Japspeed 4-2-1 and de-cat ? Any good ?

Phil r type

Advanced Member
looking at de-cating my car but found this japspeed 4-2-1 and de-cat ? Price wise its cheaper than any de-cat I found . any one got one ? Are they any good ? Thanks

Chewy

Advanced Member
Never heard anything about them, might be worth checking on TRO as it's more commonly used on EP3's.

If you're wanting something a bit cheaper than the go to manifolds (Tegiwa, Dc sports, Etc...) Have a look at the Funky Power manifold, I read somewhere it's a copy of the DC Sports mani'.

User 'JasonDC5' bought one and said good things about the quality, Have a gander at his thread.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I had a Japspeed on my EP3. Only real issue is it clipped the rear engine / gearbox mount every now and then. I had the exhaust hangers adjusted slightly to push it clear. Nothing special.

Build quality was good. I'll dig out some pictures if you like.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Didn't actually get dyno done with it. Felt much better in mid range, much more willing to rev out too.

Seat of pants dyno said it felt good ;)

FireDance

Advanced Member
Most commonly used on the EP3 as they are cheaper option than the Toda or the DC Sports

Look on CTRO for a review on them, I think they are ok for the price.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help the other one I have seen is eight speed ? Again not herd a lot about them ? Any one got one :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Good for its price.. only problem people usually get is the flexi blowing but apparently if you upgrade your engine mounts, it'll reduce the chances of that

FireDance

Advanced Member
When fitting a DC Sports they suggest uprating the mounts, or at least fitting the inserts.

You will find that most are a copy of something. Tegiwa is a copy of the Toda.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Thanks looks like I'll get this, I know its hard to know but power you think this would make on OEM ecu at a guess peak ? 0 to 5 lol or more like 5 to 10 ?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Literally no idea mate, but it did feel 'free-er' on the EP3. Get the 90 degree elbow rather than the straight like in my pics, I remember it bring very tight with the straight spacer.